turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 13 Wad question "Update 27Feb11"

Started by beaverslayer, February 22, 2011, 10:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverslayer

Thought I would add a picture of the choke tube for those who may not know what it looks like.  Cheap choke from Wal-Mart.  No wad stoppers present. Also, the first shot I made on a clean barrel, one of the petals was ripped clean off of the Wad.

S.C.C

YEP,them chokes u'll tear'um up quite abitt! Watch that those 7's don't blow thru the ports! :anim_25:

S.C.C

Is that choke seating on the muzzle of your brl.? picture looks like it is to me!! :o

beaverslayer

Yes it is tightening down flush with the muzzle.  Is it not supposed to be?

Quote from: S.C.C on February 24, 2011, 04:32:51 PM
Is that choke seating on the muzzle of your brl.? picture looks like it is to me!! :o

S.C.C

Quote from: beaverslayer on February 24, 2011, 10:39:31 PM
Yes it is tightening down flush with the muzzle.  Is it not supposed to be?

Quote from: S.C.C on February 24, 2011, 04:32:51 PM
No it should not touch the muzzle,the back skirt of the choke should seat inside the brl.

booth

How did that setup pattern?  I am going to try that exact setup.

beaverslayer

I only had 113 pellets in a 10" circle at 40 yards. Next shot on a dirty barrel was around 95.  Going to try a Rem Super Full next and see what happens. By the way, I killed 3 turkeys with this setup last year.  One of them was 46 steps. 

Quote from: booth on February 25, 2011, 08:30:21 PM
How did that setup pattern?  I am going to try that exact setup.

beaverslayer

dpittman

I have noticed that the larger the ports the more damage. TG GSX,Star-Dot have large ports and tend to do more damage IME. I have a pure gold also and the ports are a lot smaller and the damage is not as severe. The slotted chokes like the JH and IC don't seem to do much damage they just groove the wad some.