OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

What was your first bow ?

Started by Fox Fire, February 21, 2011, 09:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kylongspur88

A used golden eagle. Wasn't much but in middle school and high school I put a lot of easton xx75 and muzzy 100 gr through deer. I have a buddy that has some nice bows, but still stack em up with his dads old Ben Pearson. When I get more time I'm gonna get a recurve. I used to be pretty dang good with one in college.

COPPERDOG

My first bow was a Martin Jaguar.

keyser12ga

Bear Whitetail II.  Draw length was way too long then, and still is, but I can't find the mod for it.

joshua

I shot a PSE gamesport for about 9 years starting around 1990.  It was the old school camo treebark.  I shot a single pin sight and fingers.  Killed my first deer with this bow in 97 and it is one of my most memorable hunts.
Turkeys are as smart as hunters make em and public land offers more classes.
George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them.

Muskie03

A used Hoyt Spectra. Killed a deer and a turkey with it.
Muskie03 Taught Me A Lesson In 2011

If it eats I can catch it, if it bleeds I can kill it.

longbox

Can't remember exactly, was back in the 50's I know it was a long bow. Must have been wood because commerial use of fiberglass didn't start till around 1954.  :TooFunny:
Waffle House Pro Staff
It's not the years it's the mileage

TrackeySauresRex

Bear Recurve...1st compound was a Browning with a wooden riser..may be a Vortex. Too long ago to remember
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Austy

Mine was a Bear Magnum Recurve, great starter bow.

Fox Fire

trad bows rule, I love my old Bear recurve, they aint fast but they get the job done if ya do your homework.

Longspur, go for it man, you can spend what ya want but just make sure the bow fits you.