turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Benelli m1

Started by bigboy84, February 21, 2012, 06:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigboy84

Guys i just bought a benelli m1 and i was wandering if anybody on here shoots the same gun and if so could i get a little advice on a good choke and shell.

SumToy

It will like the HV-13 and Win ex-rang.    Now choke it small with whatever choke brand you go with.
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Turkey Petter

I have owned an M1 for several years and love it.

If you want a good choke and shell combo without breaking the bank, get a Hastings .665 non ported choke and shoot some Federal Flite Control 3 inch 2 oz. loads of 5's. This combo has worked well out to about 45 yards.

Another option is an Indian Creek .665 and shoot 2 oz. loads of Hevi -13 6 shot.  If you go this route, just make sure you never shoot the flite control wad Federals out of this choke. 

Congrats on a fine shotgun. 

SKFOOTER

I shoot Hevi #7's thru a Jellyhead .655 in my M1. At least 250 pellets in a 40 yard 10" circle every time.

fountain2

Great gun...mine shoots the tss very well...its also for sale :funnyturkey:

Swamprunner

:emoticon-cartoon-012:
Quote from: fountain2 on February 22, 2012, 12:16:00 PM
Great gun...mine shoots the tss very well...its also for sale :funnyturkey:

Please pm me specs and a price

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bigboy84 on February 21, 2012, 06:49:48 AM
Guys i just bought a benelli m1 and i was wandering if anybody on here shoots the same gun and if so could i get a little advice on a good choke and shell.

Congratulations. That's a fine gun. Like all Benelli guns, your M1 has a pretty tight inside bore diameter. I'm not currently shooting an M1 but I shoot 3 other Benellis, with barrels of various lengths from 24" to 28". The very best choke tube that I'm shooting through the Mobile choked guns, is the Hevi-13 turkey choke. It's a great design that works exceptionally well. The e.d. is .655 and with its "internals" works great.

The very best shell that I can find today is the 3" Hevi-13 "Bronze" shell with 2 oz. of either #6 or #7 shot. It's a winner.

Lastly, I'd really recommend that you "deep clean" the bore. That chrome-lined bore can look very clean when in fact it is not. That cleaning can work wonders for your patterns.

Have a great spring.

Thanks,
Clark
"If he's out of range, it just means he has another day and so do you."

bigboy84

Do you guys think a pure gold .660 and some hevi-shot 6s or win ext 6s would work out of that gun or not.

allaboutshooting

Quote from: bigboy84 on February 22, 2012, 04:45:24 PM
Do you guys think a pure gold .660 and some hevi-shot 6s or win ext 6s would work out of that gun or not.

The Hevi-13 shells are, in my experience,  definitely a better choice with that gun and the closer you come to .655 the better. The new Pure Gold .660 chokes are, in the tradition of Pure Gold, very finely made products. I may have been the first to be able to offer them to my readers.

Since I have much more experience and reader feedback with the Hevi-13 chokes through the Benelli guns, that's the one that I'd recommend.

Thanks,
Clark

Turkey Petter

Clark -

You menitioned doing a deep cleaning of the bore on the M1 Benelli.  I was curious, what is the process?

I usually use Hoppe's #9 solvent to spray the barrel and let it soak for up to an hour and take a bore brush and scrub it.  Then run patches down it until clean.

Thanks,

TP

allaboutshooting

Quote from: Turkey Petter on February 22, 2012, 10:25:12 PM
Clark -

You menitioned doing a deep cleaning of the bore on the M1 Benelli.  I was curious, what is the process?

I usually use Hoppe's #9 solvent to spray the barrel and let it soak for up to an hour and take a bore brush and scrub it.  Then run patches down it until clean.

Thanks,

TP

Hey TP,

You can find the article "Cleaning a Shotgun Barrel" which outlines that procedure here http://allaboutshooting.com/article_info.php?articles_id=282 it will really help.

Thanks,
Clark

TrophyTracker

LOVE mine. They are a diamond in the rough

Hevi-Shot Turkey Tube and Hevi-Shot Mag Blends out of it make it a 50yd gun, all day long

New to you, not the game
Drink a Monster, Live Forever!
Beatdown City Fl

Passintime

The Hevi 13 choke and load work great together in the Benelli's .

SumToy

Quote from: Turkey Petter on February 22, 2012, 10:25:12 PM
Clark -

Thanks,

TP

BE VERY CAREFUL with this clean and polish a barrel stuff.  You take a junk gun and make it shoot.  You a GOOD humans turn it to JUNK.     Clean barrel with brush and alcohol then find choke shell that works with your barrel.   Should like around 650
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

bigboy84

What numbers you guys getting out of them hevi chokes and 6s.