OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

410 turkey gun

Started by schuylkillspur, February 20, 2012, 10:27:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

schuylkillspur

Just picked up a New Remington 870 sportsman in .410 to finish my Gauge slam, Any Idea on Ammo anybody sell custom ammo etc etc.
You hav nothing w/o FAITH

saveallj

We can't turkey hunt with a 410 in Arkansas.  They have to be a 20 gauge or larger.

pdqt

If you reload, you need to contact . 

gersus

I think it would be awesome to kill a bird with a 410! Would definitely be an accomplishment.

Deputy 14

Yea I would def contact  and go the TSS route. Unless you keep your shots within 13 yards. Sounds like fun though. Kinda like throwing a #22 dry fly for a 4 pound brown trout. Good luck  :icon_thumright:

SWAMPFOX

Check out a book written by Kenny Morgan called=one man game. This gentleman and great call maker has dropped the hammer on many a gobbler with the.410.
Swampfox

gobbler777

I had the pleasure of shooting a nice Rio longbeard down in Texas with a Thompson Center Contender .410 guage handgun. I patterened a number of shells and did not feel comfortable with a shot over 15 yards. Called the old boy into 12 yards and put him down ... what a rush.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

K9Doc

Hevi-Shot makes a load for Duck Hunting called "Hevi-Duck"  It is Hevi-shot at 12g/cc   .410   3"  7/16 oz.  #7s at 1250 fps.
Natchez Shooter Supply has then on sale now for $17.99
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

Hunt4Meat

Quote from: saveallj on February 20, 2012, 11:08:14 AM
We can't turkey hunt with a 410 in Arkansas.  They have to be a 20 gauge or larger.

All I could fing in the AGFC site was 10 gauge or smaller, and nothing larger than #2, but sounds like a good rule here in AR.
If at first you don't succeed, shoot again.

Ranman

Keep us posted on your results. I think that would be a rush to bag ol Tom with a .410.

schuylkillspur

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll keep the OG board up to date with patterns and Harvest info. Thanks again and God Bless.

Hooks' n' Beards'

I Would not go under a 20 gA WHETHER ITS LEGAL OR NOT.

BrownTrout

Quote from: Deputy 14 on February 20, 2012, 01:52:33 PM
Kinda like throwing a #22 dry fly for a 4 pound brown trout. Good luck  :icon_thumright:

Nice.........another crazy fella like myself.    :agreed::icon_thumright: :help:

Tight lines brother.
Who is John Galt?

One of the most ridiculous defenses of foreign aid is that it is a very small part of our national income. If the average American set fire to a five-dollar bill, it would be an even smaller percentage of his annual income. But everyone would consider him foolish for doing it. -- Thomas Sowell in 'Barbarians Inside the Gates'

R AJ

There is nothing wrong about using the .410 gauge . A fellow who has now passed away carried a .410 pump with  lead shot and when he called one
within range it always looked just as dead  in the back of the truck as any other.
One thing though. He enjoyed the show and frequently called in birds that did not strut or gobble so they did not get shot. Lots of them never got close enough to shoot no matter how much gobbling or strutting they did.
One does severely limit his distance and needs extra restraint when using this shell.
If CHALLENGE is your middle name I applaud you for this shall be one.

schuylkillspur

I would like to thank everyone for there replies and Comments, I totally agree with RAJ. The challange of the Gauge slam is to take a wild Turkey with all the major gauges which requires you to get closer to your quary as the gauges get smaller.