Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

More than a little ticked off right now......

Started by chatterbox, February 17, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chatterbox

I went to the range today to dial in my 835 with my EOTech.
Well, I got it close with low brass, and took it out to 30 with some Federal 3.5-2.25-6's to see how it would do.
Pattern was great, and the sight was just off to the right a little bit. I made my adjustments and shot again.
Hit in the same place. Shot again, this time far to the right, almost off the paper.
Now I'm getting PO'd. Brought the pattern board into around 10 yards, fired a low brass round, and she was wide right. Went to move reticle. It wouldn't move.
I can't believe after all I spent on that sight, that just a few magnum rounds would break it. I have a call into L3 waiting for an RMA. Talked with them on the phone and the assured me they would make this right.
I should have just stuck with a scope. This really sucks.

dirt road ninja

That sucks.

I've sent back more then one rifle scope because they wouldn't track true. They weren't cheap ones either. The more I know about scopes the less I trust them.

Hope they make it right quickly for you.

BrowningGuy88

Oh man that sucks! Hope they work it out for you ASAP!

davisd9

I hate to hear that.  Hope they get it taken care of for you quickly!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

chatterbox

Thanks guys.
I just packaged it up and it went out with this afternoons mail, and should be there by Wed.
Hopefully, they fix it, and this takes care of the problem. The tough part about repairs like this, is you always have that nagging thought that the sight will fail on you again.

BurrisOptics

Chatterbox,

PM me your address and I'll get a FastFire out to you Monday morning at no charge.  Pass it on to someone else when the Eotech gets back.  I want to make sure you are ready for the first day of the season. 

:icon_thumright:

rtsj

Quote from: BurrisOptics on February 17, 2012, 04:26:33 PM
Chatterbox,

PM me your address and I'll get a FastFire out to you Monday morning at no charge.  Pass it on to someone else when the Eotech gets back.  I want to make sure you are ready for the first day of the season. 

That is the reason the FFIII will be on my gun the second its released. Awesome customer service. Kudos to you BurrisOptics. :z-winnersmiley: :z-winnersmiley:

Roy

1esso

I'll pm you my address, my sight is acting up too.

chatterbox

Chatterbox,

PM sent. Thank you sir.

harleytom

Sorry to hear of your problems. I haven't had any problems with mine yet, but this makes me nervous. Maybe just a lemon and they'll replace it.

BurrisOptics

hookedspur

Chatterbox,

I dont have a Dog in this fight but thanks BurrisOptics . :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

deerslayer357

WOW!  That's what you call great customer service!

Here's to ya Burris!
:you_rock:       :you_rock:

BOFF

So sorry to read Mike.  :(

I feel somewhat responsible for this, as I recommended EoTech to you. I've never had any problems with the two of mine. Hopefully they will make it right.

Awesome of BurrisOptics to step up to the plate for you.

God Bless,
David B.