Public?
23 (18.7%)
Private?
34 (27.6%)
All Of The Above?
66 (53.7%)

Total Members Voted: 116

Reloader

I hunt both, but seem to have a little better luck on private due to lower pressure at times.  It feels good getting them either way of course, but it seems to be alittle tougher on public at times.  

Some of the private I hunt has near as much or more pressure at times as public.  One thing that just really dulls me out is when another hunter busts a bird I'm on, but its part of the game. I tend to be a bit more aggressive in high pressure areas, taking a few more gambles on closing the distance to a hot bird. Thats one thing I like about private land that has hardly any pressure, you can just take your time and let a tom do his thing. None of the worry about 5 other guys moving in on a hot bird etc.

spurman

Most of the time it is public land for me.
Spring turkey hunting, I love it so.                FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

TrkyHntr

I have better success on public land because I don't have a good spot of private land to hunt. Out of the 25 or so birds I've killed, probably 20 of them have come off public land.

Shane

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

savduck

I hunt both, but the last 10 years or so mainly public land. To me public and private are about the same. The private land i hunt isnt one of these big managed plantations, so birds get hunted just the same as public land....just way less people.
Georgia Boy

dlquinn

Looking hard for some private land here in Northern California but not having any luck.....unless something changes in a month, public land it is.
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

bonemonger

backyard is a public hunting area, dont hunt there much.

njdevilsb

I hunt 99% private, but last year I killed one of my best birds on public.

TNTOM

I hunt both but public land birds are more challenging and make for a more rewarding experience.

Kylongspur88

Hunt the two about the same. The public land I hunt is pretty big and after the first week of the season only the die hards are out and the birds really aren't too pressured. I have about equal success on both.

mossy835

Private land for me because of where I hunt now. It has been good for me and my group so far.

fitter

as long as i get to hunt doesn't  matter

Ol'Mossy

I hunt 90% public land but maybe the last week i'll hunt some private

clarksvalley

if i had to pick it would be private,but most of land i have acess to is public.

Longspur321

Turkey hunt ----> +/-75% private, +/-25% public.

Deer hunt ----> +/-90% public, +/-10% private.
"If you've got them by the balls their hearts and minds will follow."--John Wayne

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."--Steve McQueen

TrackeySauresRex

"If You Call Them,They Will Come."