turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling morning in Florida (pics)

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 12, 2012, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Stopped by my favorite field that I can't hunt this morning. Had a couple of gobblers following a couple of hens. They were on the far side of the field and had just come out of the woods. The big gobbler was shock gobbling and gobbling to the hens yelping. I got out my diaphragm, and started yelping and cutting. He loved it!! He was hammering out the gobbles!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :icon_thumright:
But, as often happens, the boss hen didn't like my yelping whatsoever. She led the boys back into the woods. Here's some of the better pics. They aren't the best quality because I was at the extreme range of my zoom. It was still an awesome morning. Seeing that strutter and having him gobble repeatedly at my calls. Man, I am so ready for this season to start!!! :you_rock:

TANK

coyotetrpr

Jakes are like scotch. They are not worth a darn until they age.

Curtdawg88

Nice pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."

jblackburn

:drool: That will the the blood pumping!!  Great pics!!
Gooserbat Games Calls Staff Member

www.gooserbatcalls.com

Genesis 27:3 - Now then, get your weapons—your quiver and bow—and go out to the open country to hunt some wild game for me.

Flydown

Great Pictures! I cant wait till March 15th! Thanks for the teasers!  :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright: :you_rock: :icon_thumright:

Shellwaster

Thanks for the pictures to get me going even more. Why can't you hunt this field?  Need tennis shoes? ;).

bustinbirds

Lifelong member of The Tenth Legion

swamp_bird89

It was cold in Lake County this morning!

cannonball

wisconsinteacher

Cool.  Hard to think spring when it is 5 degrees in the morning.

baz77

turkey slayer

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Shellwaster on February 12, 2012, 12:21:39 PM
Thanks for the pictures to get me going even more. Why can't you hunt this field?  Need tennis shoes? ;).
Yeah, that's it!! :lol:
Nah, the field, and the field across the street, as well as the orange groves next to it are landlocked in a sea of houses. The guy that owns has a couple of horses in that field, and cows in the one across the street. The turkeys roost in the woods, and make circuits between the fields and the groves. The owner feeds the turks and they will stand 5 feet away from him while he tosses feed to them. But if anyone else even stops and walks up to the fence, they head for the woods in a hurry. (I know, I've tried it. :lol: ) Anyway, the guy has been asked by dozens of people over the years if they can hunt the birds, and he always says no.
Actually, I'm glad he doesn't. These birds are 3 minutes from my fire station, and give me year round photo ops, and I get to watch them and call to them and listen to gobbles in the spring. :icon_thumright: I've been watching these birds for 15 years. If I shot one of them I'd feel like I was killing a friend.