News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Gobbling morning in Florida (pics)

Started by RutnNStrutn, February 12, 2012, 09:23:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: wisconsinteacher on February 12, 2012, 02:00:53 PM
Cool.  Hard to think spring when it is 5 degrees in the morning.
It was 29 this morning with a 10 MPH wind when I took those pics. Didn't stop the big boy from gobbling his brains out!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :icon_thumright:

kruk

ElkTurkMan

Very Nice that will get the blood pumping for sure.

handcannon

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 12, 2012, 03:40:20 PM
I've been watching these birds for 15 years. If I shot one of them I'd feel like I was killing a friend.

How do you know unless you tried it? You can find new friends.  :TooFunny:

I'd probably feel the same way if I had year round access to watching birds do there thang. (But only if I was told I couldnt hunt them.)

RutnNStrutn

HARDCORE

Great pics Jim.  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Maybe the land owner would let you take a few pics up close, that would be cool.

HC

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: Hardcore on February 12, 2012, 05:16:47 PMMaybe the land owner would let you take a few pics up close, that would be cool.
I've seriously been contemplating that the last couple of years. I've thought about asking him for permission to access his land so I could set up a pop up blind and dekes, then film the gang when they came out to play. I could probably get incredible pics and videos!!

VA_Birdhunter

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 12, 2012, 09:23:34 AM
Stopped by my favorite field that I can't hunt this morning. Had a couple of gobblers following a couple of hens. They were on the far side of the field and had just come out of the woods. The big gobbler was shock gobbling and gobbling to the hens yelping. I got out my diaphragm, and started yelping and cutting. He loved it!! He was hammering out the gobbles!! :gobble: :gobble: :gobble: :icon_thumright:
But, as often happens, the boss hen didn't like my yelping whatsoever. She led the boys back into the woods. Here's some of the better pics. They aren't the best quality because I was at the extreme range of my zoom. It was still an awesome morning. Seeing that strutter and having him gobble repeatedly at my calls. Man, I am so ready for this season to start!!! :you_rock:

WOW those are some awesome pictures buddy!!  We've got about 5 inch of snow on the ground and boy I'm wishing for warmer days and birds gobbling!  These pictures are making it worse!!! Thanks for sharing them!
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens

nctrkyhntr

reflexl

Great pics and my blood is near boiling

Fireengine70

Nice pics Jim, Where exactly did you say that was? :z-guntootsmiley:

DeWayne Knight

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on February 12, 2012, 09:23:34 AM
Stopped by my favorite field that I can't hunt this morning.

I refuse to torture myself like that...