OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stoeger 3500 (updated 2/23)

Started by reynolds243, February 11, 2012, 08:55:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

reynolds243

All 40 yds laser ranged, have not shot a ton out of it yet as it is a new gun so i will have more to add later

Sumtoy 670 3.5" Magblend 58 degrees

I have one with the Sumtoy 650 as well somewhere i will add when i find it.

Sumtoy 650 3.5 Magblend 58degrees

221 10"

Again i also shot the Pure Gold as well but it was in the 180 range with the magblends. I have not shot any Hevi 7 or 6 out of it yet and I have a Hevi Shot choke to try that i will post pics of as well.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

remmy1187

That is a good killing pattern with Mag-Blends.  How are you liking the 3500?  Good deal for a 3.5 auto.

reynolds243

Quote from: remmy1187 on February 13, 2012, 08:21:27 AM
     That is a good killing pattern with Mag-Blends.  How are you liking the 3500?  Good deal for a 3.5 auto.

man i love the thing, actually more then my M2000 which is saying a lot. It may end up being my go to turkey gun when the pistol grip stock comes out. I spoke to a benelli rep and he told me another 6 weeks and they should be available to buy as they are getting them in right now from the factory.

Bamarich

reynolds243

here is the magblends with the hevi shot 656 choke. Have one more pic where it went 268 but the jpeg is messed up so i am trying to fix it.

sippy cup

beware of longdale legend

Five O

It looks like your gun likes em as much as mine does. Have you shot any Hevi 13 7's out of it yet?

reynolds243

Quote from: Five O on February 23, 2012, 06:42:03 PM
It looks like your gun likes em as much as mine does. Have you shot any Hevi 13 7's out of it yet?

nah i havent. I was hoping the magblends would pattern well because they are usually cheaper and easier to find. Now that i know they do i will just stick with them as i have 5 boxes of them.

I do have a few boxes of 7's for my M2000 but they are all 3" shells. I will shoot 7's from it this year but full on Mags in the 3500 till i run out.

remmy1187

Great numbers with mag-blends.  Gotta be thrilled with that. :you_rock:

Five O

Quote from: reynolds243 on February 23, 2012, 06:55:54 PM
Quote from: Five O on February 23, 2012, 06:42:03 PM

nah i havent. I was hoping the magblends would pattern well because they are usually cheaper and easier to find. Now that i know they do i will just stick with them as i have 5 boxes of them.

I do have a few boxes of 7's for my M2000 but they are all 3" shells. I will shoot 7's from it this year but full on Mags in the 3500 till i run out.

I heard that! I've got 2 boxs of 3.5" 7's and I'm way to curious not to try em

joshb311

Those patterns are pretty impressive. I had been debating on whether or not to buy a Stoeger and now it looks like my debate will be which model. The 3500 is looking better and better! lol Great patterns.

saveallj

reynolds243

Quote from: Lovtofly on February 24, 2012, 10:09:19 PM
Jaymie, I been meaning to ask you,... is the new 3500 any heavier than the 2000, or have you had a chance to weigh them yet.
That is why I love mine, it is light and easy to carry in the woods.
If the new one is as light, might have to upgrade.
Tommy

It is heavier I'd say by a pound or 2 but I do have the recoil reducer in the butt stock. I will say it is much more beefy and seems much more solid. I live my 2000 but the 3500 just feels like a better made fun. Even the bolt release button and the actual bolt are more smooth and close with force. Just feels like a rock solid gun IMO.

So much so that when I get the pistol stock for it the 2000 will stay in the closet. Also the end of the barrel is different has it has a steel extender that goes into the recover that's connected to the barrel making cleaning the receiver even more easy to do