turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Winchester ext range vs hevi 13

Started by delta hunter, February 10, 2012, 08:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

delta hunter

I hear and read a lot about hevi shot products, but not much on the winchester extended range. Is the hevi shot product just a better load? Fill me in.

savduck

I prefer winchester extended range. they are great shells.
Georgia Boy

duckaholic25

Paper punchers prefer Hevi shot, turkey killers prefer Ext Range.

bird

I sold all my H-13 3 1/2" 2.25oz #7's (old lot number) last year and switched to Winchester Xtended Range.  

TWOWITHONE

Been shooting Winnies for quite some time then I went to their ext/range and I ain't looked back since. Might not be able to harvest a turk at 60 yds like some people with their shells. I like my turkeys up close and personel

WildSpur

JME--you will get ~20-30 less holes in paper at 40 yards compared to the H13 loads of the same length.  I really wish Winchester would make each load 1/4 oz heavier to compare apples to apples.

I shot 2 birds with the 1 3/4oz #6 load.  Both anchored immediatley and did not flop until well after the shot.

Though I am shooting Hevi now I am really contemplating go back to them because they were a consistent shooter for me.

Cluck more, yelp less

fountain2

Well, with the recent $10 price hike in hevi, winchester will definitely pick up some business I think.  Also, with bps not carrying the hevi I also think they will help winchester out.  I just picked up some winnie 3-2-6 lead loads to play with, for $17 tho.  Almost at the regular hevi pricing.   I did get a box of last years lot # hevi 7s at the convention today for $25.  May need yo go back and get more....

ccleroy

Been shooting them since they came out, XR is a great load.

trkehunr93

I tried them when I jumped on the hevi band wagon 6 years ago, they shot very comparable to the old white hevi's I ran them up against.  I still have 7 or 8 of the 1 3/4 3" 6's left, i've carried them from time to time but have not shot a turkey with them.

K9Doc

I shoot Win Xtended Range 6s in my Xtrema2.  Great shell, higher. velocity than Hevi 13 but 1/4 less payload.  Wish they woyld make a 2.25 oz. Load!  Better yet 7s!
Be the type of person your dog thinks you are.

30_06

They did not pattern as well for me as Hevi's did....probably due to the lower payload.

TrkyHntr

I really wish they would offer them in #7 shot, and up the payload. They could at least offer the #6 shot for us 20ga shooters.

Shane

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
He's big enough to ride in my truck!

bird

I'm glad they don't offer them in 7's.  I believe 7's are overrated especially in the H-13.

Old Gobbler

The Winchesters are a faster load than  the EM's  take that into mind when comparing

I wish they made that load in a 10 gauge #6's I would be all over that
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

delta hunter

Yea, I wonder why they don't offer 2 1/4 oz loads? I've heard the ext range is easier on your barrel than the he I shot. Any truth to that?