OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Season dates for your hunting spots

Started by BOFF, February 20, 2011, 03:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 24, 2011, 09:22:13 AM
Well, fellers,....I'll be gettin' on the ol' jet airplane tomorrow morning bright and early to head to Georgia with my son.  We will be hunting with Mr. Parks from over on The Widowmakers.  This is our first hunt of the year....and our first trip to GA.  

We get back from there next Tuesday, and a week later will be headed to southwestern OK for some serious Rio huntin'.  

April 15th is the start of our own NM season, where we will be concentrating on thinnin' out our Merriams herd a bit.  

It's finally here for us!!

Best of luck to all of you that are also out hunting while we am gone!  

Jim

Good to read Jim!!

Hope you and your son have great fellowship, hunts, and memories made!!

Looking forward to seeing pictures!!

God Bless,
David B.

GobbleNut

Here we go again!  ...Leaving tomorrow morning at 3:00 for Oklahoma!   I have high expectations for this particular hunt.  If I am going to get "the bird" that will really help out our team, this will be the place. 

We stumbled onto this area last year.  Just by chance, met some really nice folks in a little cafe.   We were dressed in camo...and they asked us what we were doing.  ...Told them we were turkey hunters and were looking for new places to hunt. 

Before we knew it, we had a couple of spots lined up on properties that never get turkey hunted!  We could only hunt the places one evening and one morning because of our schedule, but we got a hint of what the potential is on those places.  ....Saw some monster gobblers!

This year, the folks we met have added several more properties for us to hunt,....all supposedly with lots of birds and no hunting pressure at all!   We are pumped!!

....I will report back next week on how things went.....

Jim

BOFF

Reads really well Jim,

You have me sitting on the edge of my seat, and a little envious as well.  ;)

Have a safe trip with plenty of birds, accurate shots, and fun fellowship!!

God Bless,
David B.

kruk

I'm bound and determined to get out in the morning before work. We have had 3 really warm days in a row after a a little cold snap and my reports are my swamp birds are FIRED UP. Got to get the canoe out and loaded up tonight and me and my wife are going at them in the am for a few hours. After April 18th, I'll have 10 days of alone time with them if I can't connect tomorrow. Hope for the best! :fud:

Curtis
:jesus-cross: