OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Anyone turkey hunt with a golf cart?

Started by handcannon, February 07, 2012, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

I just ain't seeing it.

How are you getting the turkeys to stay still long enough to kill them with the golf cart?

:goofball:

On a serious note, I'd love to have one.

God Bless,
David B.

Hognutz

Quote from: BOFF on February 08, 2012, 10:01:10 PM
I just ain't seeing it.

How are you getting the turkeys to stay still long enough to kill them with the golf cart?

:goofball:

On a serious note, I'd love to have one.

God Bless,
David B.

You shoot them while they are putting..No need to thank me, David. It's what I do..Mike ;) :toothy12:

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

handcannon

It's easy. Just get the new 48 volt squealing hen mounted on the front bumper.

Neill_Prater

One question. Do you have to hollar "FORE" before you shoot?  ;)

handcannon

I usually wait and holler it after I shoot.

Reloader

Dang John, nice bling. Although, I figured you for a spinners type of guy.

They are great to have for sure.  I wouldn't mind buying one to hunt, but I hunt large areas and prefer to cover ground with my truck.  I may set up in one spot, then walk back to the truck and try another spot a few miles away(10k acre club and 30k+ WMA).  May strike a bird on the 3rd set-up of a morn some days.

We've had one on the farm for about 5 years and it's been a champ.  I love that thing.

My cousin tricked one out similar to pullit's last deer season and he seems pleased with it. BTW a winch works just fine on 16v

There's an EZGO dealer in town and they always have them tricked out on display. Sure gets tempting at times.

SonicBanshee

Three Crucial Words for Turkey Hunting-GOBBLE GOBBLE BANG!

Nick_The_Tinkerer

how about a little more info on the how? I lift kit? how much did it end up costing you...

thanks

handcannon

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on February 14, 2012, 01:30:05 PM
how about a little more info on the how? I lift kit? how much did it end up costing you...

thanks

Quote from: Nick_The_Tinkerer on February 14, 2012, 01:30:05 PM

thanks

My lift kit is called the Super Sport made by All Sport. It was $350 through a company selling on Ebay. Great lift kit and took about 2 hours to remove the old lift kit and install the new one. No cutting or welding. All bolt on stuff. You can find wheel and tire combo's in the neighborhood of $300 and up. There are a ton of extras you can add onto it. Just depends on how much you want to sink. Upgraded hi torque motors and controllers, wiring for better pull up hills and mud. Baskets, flip flop rear seats for carrying cargo. Winches, fender flares, windshields, enclosures, heaters, solar panels, radio's. It's a fun little critter to build up. I've got around 3 grand total in my cart. Great for hunting turkey, deer or hogs.

gordongekko

My dad just won a HuntVe, so I reckon I'll give it a run!!!
In God we trust; all others pay cash.

handcannon

How lucky is that! I need to send him some calls and shells of mine so he can rub some luck on them. Did he win it at the convention?

BC

I've got a lifted gas cart that is very quiet. I can get to one gobbling from a long distance pretty quickly. I guess I would prefer an electric one to tell you the truth.

Golf carts are the way to go IMO.

HARDCORE

Travis, we have two Kawasaki Mules, a Polaris Ranger, a Badboy, and a modified ClubCar golf cart that we call the " Goodboy" buggy. The Clubcar is by far our favorite and the least expensive.

Here's a few pics.

HC

handcannon

You got it goin on Ronnie!!! I know a lot of dead birds have ridden in the back of the Goodboy buggy.

pullit

I got my a lot of ideas and parts from http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/
I put #2 welding cable on my batteries, an 850 amp controller, upgraded the rear springs and shocks, put on a lift kit, and changed out the 2 hp stock motor to an 11 hp motor. I also went from 36 volts to 48 volts. I built new roof supports for the back as well as the stack side box on the back.
When all was said and done, I think I have about $3500 +/= a couple hundred in it including the cost of the cart.

Here are a couple of "in process" pictures....

the small cable is factory, I made the larger #2 cables to carry the load