OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It is getting close

Started by davisd9, February 07, 2012, 09:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dirt road ninja

There is a post in the general section titled youth Osceola (I think). That will get ya fired up.

I get pretty excited just to go listening for gobbles.

Turkeykiller12

Getting ready to go here in GA! Picked up a Legacy mouth call this past weekend and baby is all turkey. Been scouting and finding alot of sign, hoping to be able to get a bird on the board quick!

dirt road ninja

8 more days till I get to hit the woods for youth season. Going up this weekend to leave the jeep at the camp, pull some camera cards, listen for birds and set out a few more blinds for my son. The last time I was there was the 21st and I had a few pics of loggers on the property. I'm hoping they were just surveying and not planing on doing any cutting. We've had them poke around before and not cut, plus it's been so wet I doubt they can. I hunt on my in-laws ground he owns the front 400 and he leases the back 600 from a timber company.

I've really got to start getting my gear together. I've got all my calls located, but still need to pull out the light camo and make sure my son hasn't out grown his clothes from deer season. I've had to buy him new stuff every year, sometimes twice a year. At least if he did I won't need to buy the insulated stuff right now.

davisd9

I am fired up as well.  Cannot wait for the 16th to get here to head out to Ms.  Bought me a new treklite shirt in Obsession off ebay for 29.99.  Cannot beat that price.  Want to pick up another pair of pants, but other than that, COME ON SPRING!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

JVA54

GOOD LUCK to everyone who going to the woods soon!  Love being in this contest but it sure is hard knowing you guys are hunting and I still have a month to go.   :bike2:

C J Stahly

Quote from: davisd9 on March 01, 2012, 10:36:32 AM
I am fired up as well.  Cannot wait for the 16th to get here to head out to Ms.  Bought me a new treklite shirt in Obsession off ebay for 29.99.  Cannot beat that price.  Want to pick up another pair of pants, but other than that, COME ON SPRING!

:(

M,Yingling

yea goodluck guys ,,, got 2 months here yet i try not to get to excitied early  :lol:
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

davisd9

Hopefully in about 2 weeks we can have some birds on the score board and then in 3 weeks a few more and then the beginning of April a few more.  It is getting close and I cannot wait!
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

I'll go out on a limb and bet that by 3/18/12 we have at least 2 on the ground. If not there should be some empty hulls and a lot of cussing.

Going to do more scouting this weekend. I don't want to guess where they are. If the weather stays like this they should be fired up. It's almost 80 right now.

deacon

Im ready to get in the daggum woods!

trkehunr93

1 mpnth and a day until VA's youth opener.  Gotta get out this week and prowl around my honey hole so I can find one for my oldest son.  We are suppose to get snow tomorrow but back in the 60's later this week.  Crazy winter we are having.

dirt road ninja

Youth opens tomorrow for us, but we can't go till Saturday. The weather is looking bad for the weekend. Rain and wind. Unlike the deer, I know the turkeys will fly down and do their thing during the day. We've just gotta be there when they do it.

Turkeykiller12

Good Luck to the ones that start this weekend! Gotta another couple weeks here. I can't wait!

C J Stahly

Well, I was reading this and realized I SHOULD HAVE BEEN leaving 1 week from today for MS with Donald to go put a couple birds on the ground.  Instead I am waiting here until the 1st of April......OH PLEASE LET THE TIME FLY!

I will live vicariously through Deacon and DavisD while the take off on their adventure!  Good luck fellas.

davisd9

Quote from: C J Stahly on March 08, 2012, 07:40:58 AM
Well, I was reading this and realized I SHOULD HAVE BEEN leaving 1 week from today for MS with Donald to go put a couple birds on the ground.  Instead I am waiting here until the 1st of April......OH PLEASE LET THE TIME FLY!

I will live vicariously through Deacon and DavisD while the take off on their adventure!  Good luck fellas.

Well we are not sure if things will work out for Mississippi.  We still have our fingers crossed tight and waiting to see what happens.  If not April 1st is not that far and old Deacon will hit the woods on the 24th of March in Ga.  Then he will have 29 days off to hunt in April.  I will be in the woods on April 1 and possibly April 2nd.