OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

It is getting close

Started by davisd9, February 07, 2012, 09:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

Turkey season is getting close.  For some of us it is a little over a month away.  I believe you Georgia boys start on March 15th or so and not sure about Dirt Road Ninja on his land.  Most of us in SC have to wait until April 1.  I usually do not hunt on Sundays, but I will be hunting on opening day.  Saturday and Sunday here is SC was 70 degrees or so.  I was having to fight back Shock gobbles and strutting.  Cannot wait for it to get here.  Hope that those that start hunting early can get us on the board quickly.

When does everyone start hunting? 

Unless I get lucky and find someone in the low country (March 15th) it will be April 1st for me.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

dirt road ninja

I get to hit the woods March 10th with my son. Our youth season opens on the 8th. Big boy season opens on the 15th, and I already have the vacation scheduled. I'll be in the woods the 15th - 19th to open the season. Plan on taking a few more days off the end of the first week or the end of the second week in April. Last year that's when our birds started to get really cranked up.

trkehunr93

April 7th is our youth day in VA so I hope to have my son out that morning, our regular season opener is April 14th.  In VA you can only hunt til noon most of the season, it switches to all day the last two weeks of our season.  I had wanted to try to hunt out of state again, possibly NC or WV but with a baby boy due any day now those plans have been shelved until next spring.

Turkeykiller12

JVA54

April the 9 in Illinois seem a long ways off, think I need to move south! :funnyturkey:

boomer

Bow season starts March 25 here. Leaving Sunday for a little bowhunting warm up headed to Oklahoma for some hog hunting. Should be fun.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

M,Yingling

End of april here ,,I got a long wait yet
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

davisd9

If everything works out then Chris and I will be heading to Mississippi to hunt March 16 and 17.  Would be great to get a bit of a head start.  :)
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

C J Stahly

Quote from: davisd9 on February 08, 2012, 05:42:06 PM
If everything works out then Chris and I will be heading to Mississippi to hunt March 16 and 17.  Would be great to get a bit of a head start.  :)

It will make the following two weeks almost unbearable! 

Bustabeak

March 15th in Alabama. I live and hunt mostly in GA but got in on some Alabama land. I had to pull some strings to be off that morning. Opens on a Thursday over there. but...... I can always pull some strings to hunt opening morning regardless what state Its in! haha. I can't wait! My cousin has seen 4 big boys and got one of them on camera. Only bad thing is he says its covered with hens.

dirt road ninja

I'm under a month now. Almost time to pull out the turkey stuff and go thru it. Put all my calls in one place, there scattered all over between my house, office, garage, and truck. Should not take to long, I think I saw my vest a few weeks ago. It more then likely could use a hose down. Got to make one more trip to the pattern board to.

davisd9

Got my 5 SC turkey tags in the mail on Saturday. April cannot get here fast enough.  Went scouting Saturday morning.  Got up late (6:45 am) and thought I missed the action.  I was standing on a field edge to see if I seen any birds in the field.  I started hearing some tree yelps.  I heard a cackle as a few came to the ground.  I circled around the woods and as I was aproaching where I believe they were a gobble rang out, it scared me.  I made my way to where they were and saw the through the brush.  A couple of birds knew something was not right and started to cluck nervously.  I got that and some normal clucks recorded on my phone.  The prize of the morning was a big tom that I recorded a gobble from.  The fever has really set in now!

boomer

Under a month away now cant wait to start to fling arrows at them.

JVA54

Is it turkey season yet??????????       :fud: :newmascot:

I'm ready to see some smiling faces and dead turkeys................ :toothy12: :toothy12:

:funnyturkey:

davisd9

Quote from: JVA54 on February 27, 2012, 09:37:45 AM

Is it turkey season yet??????????       :fud: :newmascot:

I'm ready to see some smiling faces and dead turkeys................ :toothy12: :toothy12:

:funnyturkey:

My feelings exactly!

17 days and counting down until I get to hit the wonderful spring time woods!