turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hot weather gloves

Started by catrancher, February 05, 2012, 05:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

catrancher

I just got done reading the thread on facemasks, it was so helpful I thought I would ask what is recommended to cover your hands in hot weather.  I am new to the site but I absolutely love it.  Can't wait for March 31! (Texas opening day)

Trevor2

I wear my mesh gloves once the temps get up. H.S. has them. Prolly only 5-7 bucks a pair.
Strutstopper

catrancher

I have never found mesh gloves I cared for.  Too slick.  Maybe just the wrong brand?

Trevor2

The ones I have have a fabric palm with the rubber beads for grip.
Strutstopper

bird

UA camo cold gear gloves even in the heat.

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

mdtkyhntr

Another vote for the UA Cold Gear gloves.

sugarray

I use Cabela's Camo Skin gloves.  Have gripper palms as well.  Very nice and light with fairly long cuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chad fenton

Lookin for same thing.  Need to take a look at these gloves

StruttinGobbler3

Primos stretch fit gloves are a good inexpensive choice for hot weather. UA cold weather gloves work well but are pricey.
John 3:16

"Fall hunting is maneuvers. Spring hunting is war"
Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion

magicman

teke

Camo Skin gripper dots from Cabelas

catrancher

It is not unusual to be chasing turkeys in the 90's in central Texas, even then do you recommend UA Cold Weather?  Thanks for all the responses, I haven't worn the Cold Weather but unless they breath like crazy I gotta think they would get a little toasty.

bird

Nope not toasty at all.  They actually wick the moisture away from your hands.

Tail Feathers

I use BassPro branded lightweights.  Very comfortable and they breathe well.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!