turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Brush with a 'Nader

Started by Eric Gregg, February 03, 2012, 01:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric Gregg

Guys, Wednesday night I had one of the most hair raising events in my life.
I was on my way home when a line of thunderstorms was coming through an area that is on the way that is notorious for Tornadoes.
As I approached the intersection where I turn, I looked above the tree line and saw a massive wedge funnel cloud off a couple of miles in the distance.
No prob, it appeared to be going left to right across the hwy in front of me, and I was turning left so I would be out of harms way.
I turned left and when I got into a clearing a tornado that we hadn't seen since it was on the other side of a tree line passed right in front of the car that was roughly 60-70 yds in front of me. It almost hit his truck. Thankfully, it was in the beginning stage and didn't harm the person in front of me.
For 10 minutes I had to ride out the outer bans of that storm, with my truck rocking back and forth, and having to keep it in the road while fighting the "suction" created. That wasn't fun.  I am glad to be here.

Basser69

hookedspur

:cross2: Glad you came through it OK  :cross2:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

nctrkyhntr

TANK

Man! Thats some scary stuff. Glad all is well...........

stinkpickle

Glad to hear you're OK.  By reading the subject, I thought you had a brush with RALPH NADER.  Now, that can be scary.   :D

Hognutz

Quote from: stinkpickle on February 03, 2012, 01:46:57 PM
Glad to hear you're OK.  By reading the subject, I thought you had a brush with RALPH NADER.  Now, that can be scary.   :D

Not to be confused with a Nader 'Nader. That is where you have a cyclonic rotation of Corvairs flattening every thing in sight.
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Eric Gregg

Quote from: Hognutz on February 03, 2012, 02:16:33 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on February 03, 2012, 01:46:57 PM

Not to be confused with a Nader 'Nader. That is where you have a cyclonic rotation of Corvairs flattening every thing in sight.

Great definition: A cyclonic rotation of corvairs flattening every thing in sight, causing fear, panic, and a sense of utter hoplessnees to those caught in its' path.
'Nader

Hognutz

:z-winnersmiley:    :OGturkeyhead:

Thanks for the assist!!
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.