OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Romney "Almost certain nominee"

Started by Tail Feathers, January 31, 2012, 08:02:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tail Feathers

ABC news reporting Romney will win FL and is "almost certain to be the nominee".
What, FIVE states have had primaries and it's already over?  Sheesh! :TrainWreck1:
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

RutnNStrutn

I read an article today that said it is mathematically impossible for Newt or Santorum to win the nomination. It said only Romney and Ron Paul could pull it off. If I find the article again, I'll post it up.

billyb

I hate to say it but you are probably right

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Glad to hear it.

Florida reflects the diversity and composition of the American populous well.

If Romney would stop acting defensively about his moderate stance on social issues and his strong venture capitalist experience he might actually begin to convey some confidence in himself and his accomplishments.

He will do well in the general election.

gobbler777

If we want to continue to send a load of 7's towards a gobblers head in the future we better get behind whoever the nominee is.
For Gibson and Mincey crow calls visit CrowMart at www.crowmart.com  Turkey Guide - Maryland

jakesdad

I get tired of hearing he's not conservative enough,which may or may not be true,but in my opinion,not conservative "enough" is better than not conservative AT ALL,which is what we have now,and if BO gets 4 more I think even liberals will think he's too liberal!

"There are turkey hunters and people who hunt turkeys.I hope I am remembered as a turkey hunter"

SKFOOTER

Romney is nothing more than a liberal Democrat in Republican's clothes.  There is no way I can support him.  Newt's my man.  And he'll do well in the other southern states!!

VaTuRkStOmPeR

Quote from: SKFOOTER on February 01, 2012, 09:56:30 AM
Romney is nothing more than a liberal Democrat in Republican's clothes.  There is no way I can support him.  Newt's my man.  And he'll do well in the other southern states!!

Yea, Romney is a liberal with such a shrewd and cutthroat venture capitalist background......... 

Did you even think before you typed that statement?

Tail Feathers

Regardless of who, it's very sad that five or six states seem to be all it takes to "lock" a candidate in.
In Texas we're in a big turmoil over redistricting and out primary likely won't be until June.  It will be over long before then but I find it a sad state of affairs that the first handful of states pick the candidate for the other 90% of the country.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

buck_hunter21

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on January 31, 2012, 08:12:48 PM
I read an article today that said it is mathematically impossible for Newt or Santorum to win the nomination. It said only Romney and Ron Paul could pull it off. If I find the article again, I'll post it up.

I would interested in reading this article. I am guessing the article is making predictions for other states to make it "mathematically impossible" for Newt or Santorum to win? Seems odd to me, especially when it says only Paul could pull the upset when he hasn't even won a single primary. My bet the article already put the next two primary states in Romney's win column (which will more than likely happen). If that happens, it would be extremely tough for any other candidate to win.
Spill Blood

SKFOOTER

Quote from: VaTuRkStOmPeR on February 01, 2012, 10:04:05 AM
Romney is nothing more than a liberal Democrat in Republican's clothes.  There is no way I can support him.  Newt's my man.  And he'll do well in the other southern states!!

Yea, Romney is a liberal with such a shrewd and cutthroat venture capitalist background.........  

Did you even think before you typed that statement?
Of course I thought.  You could too if your head wasn't up Romney's Democrat!! :happy0064:

Mossberg835

Romney needs to not shoot himself in the foot by giving statements like he doesn't care about poor people.  Dems will have a fielday with this one.

timberjack86

:agreed: :smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: gobbler777 on February 01, 2012, 08:47:53 AM
If we want to continue to send a load of 7's towards a gobblers head in the future we better get behind whoever the nominee is.

I think gobbler777 is on the right track. Whoever gets the nomination will be far better for our combined interests than the current administration.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

catdaddy