turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

DSD are they still making the strutter?

Started by allchokedup, January 28, 2012, 10:49:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

allchokedup

I've been wanting to buy the DSD strutter at the NWTF Convention if they are still making them. Their website has shown "out of stock" for a good while. I sent them an email about a month ago and never heard back. Just wondering if they are not making it anymore and maybe going with something else this year. I guess they are busy, getting ready for the Convention.
Thanks, David

sugarray

I would bet they are getting ready for the convention!!

Old Gobbler

Yes they are making them, and cranking them out like crazy - click the banner on the side to contact them

I have one and it is utterly deadly on hard hunted Osceola gobblers- I used it constantly for hunting and guiding , I lost count how many gobblers zeroed in on it - Never seen anything like it before

:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

KYFrid

I never get tired of seing that pic. Man that decoy is purty!!!   :z-guntootsmiley:

Houndstooth Game Calls

I plan in having me one next year which hen you use with it Shannon?

FttFttVroom!

I would have to put some orange flagging on that thing somewhere to keep me from accidentally shooting it!

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Houndstooth Game Calls on January 28, 2012, 11:35:51 PM
I plan in having me one next year which hen you use with it Shannon?
Get the standard hen first - It can be used by itself , or in conjunction with a DSD Jake or Strutter  - from there if you want another you can get more - I am really digging the Strutter right now - the detail , paint job ,and adhesion is incredible - even when the wind blows the way it motions is so lifelike  - 

Lots of people ask me about DSD's and I can honestly say that you will only have to make the purchase one time and you will be able to hunt with that investment knowing it will hold up and keep killing gobblers season after season -

-Shannon

Houndstooth Game Calls

There's no doubt the realism is by far the best out there!!

Bustabeak

I have one and it is utterly deadly on hard hunted Osceola gobblers- I used it constantly for hunting and guiding , I lost count how many gobblers zeroed in on it - Never seen anything like it before

Man, I have got to get one of those. I have never seen anything like that. I hope my budget can squeeze one of these in. Any Idea on how long it takes to receive them. Probably just best to contact them I would assume. Picture is amazing though. Do you even have a beard inserted in that photo?

dlquinn

I had a DSD upright hen on my list for this spring but have too much other gear to get right now...settled for some featherlite inflatables....so now looking at getting a DSD either for the fall hunt season or by next spring at the latest. These decoys are crazy realistic! :icon_thumright:
NRA-STAND AND FIGHT

Tuttle

I have the feeder and upright hens, love em!  I was hoping that they would change the strutter so you wouldn't have to use the real wings though.  I already pack too much stuff in the woods as is.  Still a lot better than a stuffer though......and cheaper.   

Old Gobbler

Quote from: Bustabeak on January 29, 2012, 10:59:33 PM

Man, I have got to get one of those. I have never seen anything like that. I hope my budget can squeeze one of these in. Any Idea on how long it takes to receive them. Probably just best to contact them I would assume. Picture is amazing though. Do you even have a beard inserted in that photo?
No , I didn't use the beard on that hunt , it comes with a realistic one though -

I strongly suggest you get your order in ASAP , these decoys are very popular -and in high demand

I have the originalDSD  hen , this season will be season #5 for it , and It still looks new --  If I broke down the cost of the decoy per use, and  in the last 4-5 years it would be less that a dollar per hunt  -and the things are deadly

-Shannon

SKFOOTER

Just received my new Mack's Prarie Wings Spring Hunting catalog and all of the DSD turkey decoys are available from them, including the strutter.