News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

535 vs 835

Started by agturkey, January 26, 2012, 09:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agturkey

gob09

i like the 935 alot better the recoil is not nearly as bad as the 835&535 but if i had to choose between the two id go with the 835

SumToy

835/935 hands down.  I like the 935 because it not kick as bad.  :z-guntootsmiley:
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

WildSpur

835--It is back-bored which helps with patterning.

Cluck more, yelp less

tyelper

the 835 is alot easier to tolerate the 535 is a mule kick and doesnt throw the pattern of the 835, 

so 835 hands down

njdevilsb

I like my 535 a lot.  I've gotten some very good numbers with it at 40 yards with Hevi 13 #7's.  I can't compare to many other guns, because the only other 3.5" gun I have shot is my dad's 870.  It does kick like a mule though.  I have the 20" barrel and I'm getting 280's at 40 yards in the 10" with an Indian Creek tube.

CASH

Screw the "backbore" crap.  I like my 535 better than my 835.  Lighter, shorter, feels better.  As far as kicking like a mule, it's a 12 gauge.  Put a 3 1/2 turkey shell in and it's gonna kick hard no matter what brand it is.  Beside, you only feel it at the range.  When you're pulling the trigger on a longbeard, you don't notice.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

chatterbox

I could never get consistant patterns from my 535, so down the road it went.
Bought an 835, and am much happier.

mcgruff1533

I finally got my 535 dialed in, but it's been a long hard road.    My short 20" barrel combined with it's tight bore does limit it's ability to deliver those incredibly dense patterns you see on OG.    The 835 has an over-bored barrel which helps reduce recoil and increase pattern density.

If I were going to do it all over again, I would have gotten the 835 and been done with it.    After trying multiple chokes and loads, I finally have a capable Turkey killer with the 535 however.

davisd9

835.  Easier to get it dialed in and has over bored barrel.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

stinkpickle

Probably the biggest advantage of the 535 is that it can double as a slug gun without the owner having to buy a separate barrel.

goblr77

I have owned both. The 835 wins hands down.

mcgruff1533

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 27, 2012, 10:24:16 AM
Probably the biggest advantage of the 535 is that it can double as a slug gun without the owner having to buy a separate barrel.

Thats the only reason why I went with the 535 over the 835.    I wanted the ability to use the shotgun as a Turkey gun and for home defense when I'm not hunting.     To accurately shoot slugs, you need a tight barrel to slug fit, and that won't happen with the 835's over-bored barrel (not very well anyways).

mightyjoeyoung

If I'm gonna shoot slugs through my 835, I'm gonna shoot em THROUGH MY SLUG BARREL.  As far as for home defense...it's gonna be a healthy dose of 00 buck or 1 1/4 ounces of #4 lead through a cyl. choke.
Foster's-type slugs are sized to be at or under nominal 12 gauge bore.  Ther is no "tight fit" when shooting them and even less with any other over-bored gun.  The skirt on the slug will expand to the bore but just how much it does is soly reliant on the size of the bore of the gun you're shooting it through.  Anything "left over" between the slaug and the barrel is gonna leave the slug bouncingand wiggling down the barrel like a ball.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

gob09

the manual of my 935 says DO NOT shoot slugs out of an overbored barrel