turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

The exact tree?

Started by gotcha, January 20, 2012, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gotcha

Can you go to every tree{or setup}that you have killed a turkey at?I am fairly certain I can,might take a few minutes when I get close though.My experience is once I revisit a kill site the details start coming back in my mind.

deltaeta

turkey slayer

sugarray

Since I have only killed six, yep.  Easily and with great detail.

chatterbox

guesswho

Ain't no way for me.  Some of the tree's I've killed turkeys at are now a parking lot, housing developements or been dead 40 years.  Heck, I couldn't even go to the exact trees from last year.

As long as I can get to the next tree I'll be good! :)
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

turkey slayer

Quote from: guesswho on January 20, 2012, 06:25:41 PM

As long as I can get to the next tree I'll be good! :)
you got that right!

stinkpickle

I can always remember my setups...I shoot 'em from the truck!   :D

chatterbox

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 20, 2012, 06:36:57 PM
I can always remember my setups...I shoot 'em from the truck!   :D
Just put corn in the bed stink, and shoot'm out the back window. Never have to leave the front seat!

strutnva

I could get you close on most, but there are some I'm not sure I could get close to again.  In big forested land when you run and gun, it's easy to plop down in the heat of battle and not even be able to return to the same tree after the shot.  I remember all turkey's well, just not the tree.  Maybe I just have a terrible memory. :newmascot:

flintlock

I start smiling as soon as I get in the woods and get distracted before I ever get there!   :)
Wess
If you must smoke, please use BLACKPOWDER!

hookedspur

Not everyone, but when I do walk by one it all comes back to make for some wonderful memories.  :z-guntootsmiley:
CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

No way I would be able.

Some aren't there due to thinning, cutting. I can get close to some, and back to others, but some are long gone in time, and memory.  :toothy12:

God Bless,
David B.

gooblnfever

i can get close but not to all trees

Gold Spur

I can't recall exactly every spot, but just about every setup. Just the other day I showed my grandson a tree I setup under and killed a nice gobbler from. I can also recall locations of setups I missed birds from.
Woo Pig Sooie!!!