OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

The exact tree?

Started by gotcha, January 20, 2012, 06:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VaTuRkStOmPeR

redarrow

Probably all ,except the first one. I went back just a few days later and couldnt find it.I know the general area ,but thats it. I was too fixated on slipping in and setting up on a gobbling bird I kinda got lost.After shooting it I headed to an open field I could see to get my bearing and stumbled onto a 2 track about the time another hunter came by and gave me a lift back to my truck.

Deputy 14

Not all of them but one big oak in particular I've killed 5 setting against. My lucky spot for the opener every year.  :icon_thumright:

mnturkey

I can get to all of them, I can also with a little reading tell you about every one weight, beard, time of day and shot used.
I keep a hunting log book with all the information from every hunt since about 1983 or so.
SEMPER FI

AndyH

I couldn't get to the exact trees but I could get in the general areas

Spurs

Yep.  Bout 20 yards from the corn feeder. :z-guntootsmiley:
This year is going to suck!!!

FttFttVroom!

There have been way too many, but I could get you close to most....if not all of them.  Some were taken with no trees available, but then I could show you the hill I used to pop over!

Gamblinman

Funny you should mention this..I have been going back through my journal and marking all my locations in Google Earth. I started my journal in back in 1974, and have recorded all my turkey hunts within. Most were pretty easy to find...some I haven't found yet.

Gman
"I don't hunt turkeys because I want to. I hunt turkeys because I have to."

DMP

I can get you very close to each tree if not the same tree.  I find myself all the time when walking in the woods remembering certain hunts when I get to certain areas.

njdevilsb

I think I could get back to a couple of them.  I know I could get close to just about all of them.

Basser69

Quote from: deltaeta on January 20, 2012, 06:18:40 PM
I can get close.

What he said. Even on property that I no longer hunt

Neill_Prater

With over 30 years of turkey hunting behind me, no, I can't recall every tree. In fact, in some cases, I doubt I can get closer than a quarter mile of where I actually bagged a bird early in my turkey hunting career. After I began carrying a GPS about 10 years ago, I log in every kill, which is kind of neat.

As for the memory part, I can remember each and every gobbler I've killed, and most that I didn't, and, with some, I can recall the very spot, but others, I just recall the area I was hunting in. Neill

teke

How about a tree you go back to year after year?

renegade19

Some, maybe all?   Walked directly to the tree I shot a jake at this fall.  That was becasue I went to pick up the pot call I left that day!

stinkpickle

Quote from: teke on January 21, 2012, 05:49:09 PM
How about a tree you go back to year after year?

I used to have one of those.  It was nice to me for several years before the rainy springs and bobcats showed up, and the birds disappeared from the farm.   :'(