OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Price of Hevi-Shot went up - Cabelas

Started by TurkeyTim, January 16, 2012, 12:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TurkeyTim

I was just starting  think about getting some more Hevi-shot for the spring season and went to the Cabelas website to look at the prices and it went up.   I usually get the 3 1/2" magnum blend shells for $21.99 and it was $29.99 bucks!!!   This was the same for the regular Hevi-Shot 7s as well.     

What is up with this?   I checked a few other websites and it was still $21.99 bucks.    Is the $29.99 going to be the new norm?  or are the other places needing to update their sites?

Tim   >:( >:( >:(

3" 870 Shell Shucker

There is a price point, at which I won't keep buying HTL.  $25 per box of 5 is probably the very most I'd be willing to pay.  $5 per shell is plenty expensive enough.

I also don't really like the fact that Winchester makes you purchase XRHD in boxes of 10 for $40+.  They are limiting their share of the HTL market.

MAGGUNS

Everything just keeps going up up and away! Component prices went up roughly 5%, but I did not get a 5% raise on my wages.    :deadhorse:

TNBIRD

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

West Augusta

I have enough stored to last me for quite a while.  Buy it now while you can cause you know it will go up.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gaswamp

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: West Augusta on January 16, 2012, 07:36:26 AM
I have enough stored to last me for quite a while.  Buy it now while you can cause you know it will go up.

^^Truth^^

TrackeySauresRex

I've noticed that as well on the price going up. I'm glad I have stocked up in the off season. I'm almost ready to go back to lead. The prices are outta control!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

ghillie

Macks Prairie Wings has em for 19.95....plus free shipping

stinkpickle

Shop someplace else.  The other places I've seen 'em haven't raised their prices.  Screw Cabela's.

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: stinkpickle on January 16, 2012, 10:29:44 AM
Shop someplace else.  The other places I've seen 'em haven't raised their prices.  Screw Cabela's.

Ya know, I used to buy almost all my hunting gear from Cabela's.  I had the credit card and really racked up the points too!.  I have since cut up the card and haven't purchased but one thing in probably 5 years from them and that was goose decoys and some layout blind stuff on an end of season clearance.  Their prices are rediculous, not to mention their shipping prices...hammer you with additional charges if your item weighs more than 10 pounds.  I agree.  Screw Cabela's.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

SWAMPFOX

i just received a shipment from macks for 17.99\box

Gunman1013

Bought 3 boxes of MB at Bass Pro (3") just under $20 per box but the $10 Rebate per box will help. It is limitted to 2 boxes.