turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

If You Own a Gobbler Lounger..

Started by Neill_Prater, January 15, 2012, 12:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neill_Prater

I realize I'm late to the party, because I understand many here have already purchased one, but if you own a Gobbler Lounger or similar type hunting chair, you definitely need to check out the carry tote made by Tom of USAhuntingear. I only bought my lounger this fall, but after carrying it deer hunting a couple of times, I realized I needed to come up with a better method of carrying it than the Mickey Mouse strap it comes from the factory with. I added a strap cut from a smaller cinch strap, but still wasn't happy with it. After seeing a post on here about USAhuntingear, I checked out their website and ordered their Lounger tote.

I got it in the mail yesteday and stuck my lounger in it to try it out. It is exactly what I was looking for. The strap is adjustable, plenty long, and has a wider area that will make it easy on the shoulder. I also was pleased with the fact it is large enough so that returning it to the bag when you need to move will not be a problem. I've owned gear in the past that had a carry bag, but they were made so skimpy that it took forever to work the item back into the bag.

Thanks to Tom for the great service, and fine product. Neill

Tail Feathers

I bought one before last season and it's all it's cracked up to be.  Makes the Gobbler Lounger much easier to carry.  It's an affordable, well made product made right here in the USA by one of our own members to boot.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

bird

I just use one of the adjustable shoulder straps from one of my many blind/hunting bags. Cost =$0

rebelman

New to the party...what is a gobbler lounger?

maustypsu

Quote from: rebelman on January 15, 2012, 03:14:16 PM

The most comfortable seat in the turkey woods. Go to cabelas and look it up. You should get one - trust us! 

I have a lounge sack from custom gunstocks to carry my gobbler lounge and wouldn't trade it for any other carrier!

CASH

A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

T-Dub

Quote from: maustypsu on January 15, 2012, 03:20:37 PM
Quote from: rebelman on January 15, 2012, 03:14:16 PM

The most comfortable seat in the turkey woods. Go to cabelas and look it up. You should get one - trust us! 

I have a lounge sack from custom gunstocks to carry my gobbler lounge and wouldn't trade it for any other carrier!

X2! 

unclerick

I just use an old rifle sling on my lounger, works pretty dang good.
Before all else fails,talk to Jesus

dirt road ninja

I have rifle sling on mine. I bought a 2nd on a few weeks ago, they were on sale for under 20 bucks.

ddturkeyhunter

Just got my lounger last year and shot my bird on the first set up so I don't know how bad the strap is yet. But thanks for posting I will have to recheck that strap.

customgunsocks

Quote from: bird on January 15, 2012, 02:47:51 PM
I just use one of the adjustable shoulder straps from one of my many blind/hunting bags. Cost =$0
Thanks BIRD, thats a big help!

customgunsocks

Quote from: dirt road ninja on January 15, 2012, 06:11:43 PM
I have rifle sling on mine. I bought a 2nd on a few weeks ago, they were on sale for under 20 bucks.
Our lounge sack runs 16.95 and that includes an adjustable padded soulder strap.

rebelman

I have been checking nearly everyday. What is the usual price?

RemingtonRules

I use backpack style straps keeps it centered along my spine while walking and keeps both hands free.

Basin_hunter

I installed a gun sling on my lounger for transport. I very seldom tote it with me anymore except for afternoon hunts.
In fall we rut, in spring we strut