OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Multi-beards?

Started by JVA54, January 14, 2012, 10:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JVA54

You have guys killed any multi-beard turkeys. I never have and can't remember anyone around here killing one, They sure bump up your score, I think turkeykiller22 who on the team last year killed one and it score really well.
Hope some one can tag one this year!

davisd9

I have never killed one either but double beards are pretty regular here.  I have seen a few birds that had to have had two beards beause of the length but I never had a hane on one.  It is on my goal sheet to gt a double beard.  Have a friend that on their club has killed some birds with 4 and 5 beards.  Deacon killed a double bird opening day last year.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Turkeykiller12

Ive never killed a multi beard bird. Even through trail cams Ive never seen a multi beard bird on my primary lease. I did pick up some new hunting land this past summer that is loaded with turkeys, so maybe there is a bloodline of multi beards over there.

M,Yingling

I have never taken one ,,,,but their comin around here
Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

dirt road ninja

Not me. Never seen one in person.

boomer

I seen one with 5 beards killed on a NWTF hunt I was invited on. It had pretty good spurs also. Couple years ago I got one with 2 beards. First beard was 10" the other was about a 1/2" didn't noticed it until I went to clean it.

Bustabeak

The only one i've ever killed was a jake with 5 beards. I'm hoping this year I can change that!

deacon

I killed a double bearded gobbler last year. Beards were 10" and 8". I've seen one with five.

pastor

I know it sounds strange because I'm told it's not genetics but I've killed ten with two beards off the same farm in Tn. This is over a time span of ten to twelve years. One of them had a 11 3/4 and a 6 1/4.
Jer. 29:11

JVA54

Quote from: deacon on January 28, 2012, 02:25:45 AM
I killed a double bearded gobbler last year. Beards were 10" and 8". I've seen one with five.
Hope you find one of those this  year ;D ;D

JVA54

Quote from: pastor on January 28, 2012, 06:27:25 AM
I know it sounds strange because I'm told it's not genetics but I've killed ten with two beards off the same farm in Tn. This is over a time span of ten to twelve years. One of them had a 11 3/4 and a 6 1/4.
Must be a southern thing, seem like a lot of them come out of the south.

trkehunr93

Never killed or seen one on my stomping grounds.  Would be nice though!

JVA54

If you get time go over and look at the bird that Hawken killed
for team Full Strut Productions. It has four beards and if my
math is right a total 29" of beard, if I calculated the
score right it will score about 93.125   :drool:

dirt road ninja

Quote from: JVA54 on April 02, 2012, 04:50:30 PM
If you get time go over and look at the bird that Hawken killed
for team Full Strut Productions. It has four beards and if my
math is right a total 29" of beard, if I calculated the
score right it will score about 93.125   :drool:

That's going to be tough to beat. I've never seen a multi beard in person.

JVA54

Well they change the measurement again I had it at 92.375 then 93.125 and now 92. Don't matter it's a big score. Puts them in great shape, but not out of reach last year Thunder Chicken Mafia had one killed by Baxter 83 that scored 99.04 they came in third.
 last years contest was won by

1. Voo doo with a ten bird average of 71.2341 best bird of 85.8125
    2. Shock, Gobble & Awe                   68.7928           85.
    3.Thunder Chicken Mafia                  68.2165           99.04
    4. Red Dawn Raiders                       66.3992           77.125

This year Team Alabama leads with a nine bird average of 61.8491 that score would have got you 12 last year.