OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A little recomendation

Started by savduck, January 13, 2012, 06:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

Gitzit sent me a yellow heart striker. Played with it some but didnt put it through the ringer until last night.

Yall want to get you some, I promise. It screams on EVERYTHING, but really like a ceramic.

Dave.   :icon_thumright:
Georgia Boy

VanHelden Game Calls

Well if he is just sending them out ;D

I have been fine tuning my striker design and wood choice also.  I found bubinga to just scream, so much so I think it will be my go to striker. :z-guntootsmiley:

savduck

Well I couldnt give all your secrets away..... :whip2:

Yall need to get you some.....CANARY WOOD and run it on everything....especially a ceramic.
Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

Did you call on the end of it and see if it would sound like a trumpet? I was thinking about making a trumpet that you could use as a striker.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 07:04:21 PM
Did you call on the end of it and see if it would sound like a trumpet? I was thinking about making a trumpet that you could use as a striker.

TRKYHTR

Now Joe................THAT WOULD BE SWEET.
Georgia Boy

Basser69

Quote from: TRKYHTR on January 13, 2012, 07:04:21 PM

TRKYHTR

Joe someone on here or Osage did that one time. I want to say it had an ivory, bone or matsadon mouth piece. Then again, my sometimes might be in overdrive tonight and I dreamed it

merocustomcalls

I thought I remember seeing that myself.  I can't remember if the guy that posted it mentioned how well the striker worked, or how it sounded as a trumpet.