turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

BPS Spring Catalog Observations

Started by CASH, January 11, 2012, 08:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CASH

I received the BPS Spring Catalog today.  After looking through it and seeing all the new stuff for the year, I thought I'd make a few observations.

I may be wrong, but I never really saw a big interest in turkey totes before this forum.  I swear BPS is cruising the forums to come up with ideas.  Now they're pushing turkey totes and score totes.  I'm sure they've had them in years past, I just haven't noticed it.

They have the Hornady Heavy Magnum Turkey Nickel shells in there.  I love Hornady rifles bullets, but for the life of me, I can't understand why Hornady would make an unbuffered flight control turkey shell.  Especially with the heavier than lead craze.  It says they work best with IC or Modified barrels. 

They have the previously mentioned Bone Collector TruGlo choke.  Looks more like a Comp n Choke to me.  It is also listed in only 2 diameters for 12 Gauge.  .667 and .670.  .555 for 20 gauge.

Also previously mentioned, the Super Elite III is in Realtree instead of MO Obsession.

Ol Tom has a hoody out.  Pretty cool.

Under Armour, I love Under Armour products.  They have a lightweight performance shirt and pant.  Of course it's on the expensive side as usual, but I may have to give them a try.  I love Ol Tom gear and it appears the UA has "borrowed" ideas from Ol Tom.  The shirt features storage pockets, mouth call pockets, and a secure zip chest pocket.  The pants feature a box call pocket.

Just a few observations.  I don't know why, but it entertains me to sit back and watch companies grab the latest trends and try to make some bucks off of it.  I know it's business, it just entertains me.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

DMP

Also, Primos mouth calls for $12 a piece. :o   

I don't use them but man, $12 for a mass produced mouth call? 

Crappiepro

I noticed that the only Mossy Oak Obession clothing is Ol Tom brand.  What happend to the other brands RedHead, Silent Hide etc.
I also really thought they would have a new and better selection of turkey loads this spring, I guess not.
Just a few things I noticed too.

CASH

Quote from: Crappiepro on January 11, 2012, 08:32:08 PM
I noticed that the only Mossy Oak Obession clothing is Ol Tom brand.  What happend to the other brands RedHead, Silent Hide etc.
I also really thought they would have a new and better selection of turkey loads this spring, I guess not.
Just a few things I noticed too.

I noticed that too.  I know my local BPS is heavy on Realtree patterns and MO Infinity.  Obsession stuff in pretty much just Ol Tom
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

vaturkey

Yea, got my BP Catalog today too. Look at all the decoy makers trying to copy the DSD jake decoy.

BTW  I want to try  some of the Ol Tom products. Where is the best place to get some.

Thanks  vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

pseshooter300

Tater
Thunder Chicken Mafia
This Ain't Hollywood

CASH

Quote from: vaturkey on January 11, 2012, 08:37:49 PM
Yea, got my BP Catalog today too. Look at all the decoy makers trying to copy the DSD jake decoy.

BTW  I want to try  some of the Ol Tom products. Where is the best place to get some.

Try Ol Tom's website.  They have a sales section that usually has some good prices.

vaturkey

Quote from: CASH on January 11, 2012, 08:44:51 PM

Try Ol Tom's website.  They have a sales section that usually has some good prices.

THANKS !  :icon_thumright:
Vaturkey

boomer

Quote from: CASH on January 11, 2012, 08:19:33 PM
Under Armour, I love Under Armour products.  They have a lightweight performance shirt and pant.  Of course it's on the expensive side as usual, but I may have to give them a try.  I love Ol Tom gear and it appears the UA has "borrowed" ideas from Ol Tom.  The shirt features storage pockets, mouth call pockets, and a secure zip chest pocket.  The pants feature a box call pocket.

I like the looks of those too. Just glad to see you can get them in MO Obsession.

CASH

Quote from: JohnDoe on January 11, 2012, 08:59:51 PM
Not to Hijack but I have a few UA heatgear shirts and love them. I bought enough that I can wash them, then hang them, instead of a dryer. They will last longer that way.

John

Same here. Love them. Especially on those hot spring days. Their Heatgear boot socks are the best also.

gob09

BTW  I want to try  some of the Ol Tom products. Where is the best place to get some.

Thanks  vaturkey   :newmascot:
i got mine from cabelas on sale a few years ago the pants were 39 dollars after season in early fall they were regular 79 dollars i really like the ol tom gear the pants i have look like they would tear or wear out easy but they still look new and are very durible and comfortible

TauntoHawk

Quote from: DMP on January 11, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

yeah and ive yet to find a single mass production call as good as a 5.75 Hooks Executioner
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DMP

Quote from: TauntoHawk on January 12, 2012, 09:44:26 AM
Quote from: DMP on January 11, 2012, 08:27:26 PM

yeah and ive yet to find a single mass production call as good as a 5.75 Hooks Executioner

:icon_thumright:

Holston

Just got mine in the mail and looked through it this morning.

Disappointed again.  Was really hoping some of the nicer gear would be offered in tall sizes this year.

CASH

I just realized that their are no HTL loads advertised either.