Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Friday Devotional 12/30/2011 " It's Never Too Late."

Started by BOFF, December 30, 2011, 09:21:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Reading Jody's Thursday devotional, gave me some insight to today's lesson.  As Jody wrote:

"Our society doesn't really have answers for all the problems we are facing in our country today. Ironically, our society seems to do everything it can to undermine the only one who can help us, and that is Jesus Christ.

There are people caught in our legal system as repeat offenders. There are judges who make the wrong decisions. There is the breakdown of the family. And all of these elements combined produce a society that can do very little to change a person's heart, if anything at all. Rehabilitation efforts largely fail. In fact, the only real programs that seem to produce lasting change are faith-based, and more specifically, are being operated by Christians who are calling people to faith in Jesus Christ. Society doesn't have the answers."

Speaking from some family experience, and some from past friends, it is easy at times to give up on people, and hope their hearts will change. We often pray fervently, and non-stop, but don't see any changes. We just need to remember it is not our time, but the Lord's time. Often what we consider to be a "no" to our prayers is just a simple "wait".

Consider the family members and friends, of the criminals next to Jesus during the crucifixion.

Luke 23:32-33
New International Version 1984

32 Two other men, both criminals, were also led out with him to be executed. 33 When they came to the place called the Skull, there they crucified him, along with the criminals—one on his right, the other on his left.

How easily it must have been to give up on them, due to their actions and past records of wrong over right. But even at the last minute, the one criminal was saved and given a home in eternity with Jesus. It is never too late, to turn to Jesus for help.

Luke 23:42-43
New International Version 1984

42 Then he said, "Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."

43 Jesus answered him, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise."   

Is there anyone in your life, who you have given up on changing their heart and actions? Maybe you have given up on yourself? If so, I encourage you to hold onto God, and seek his ways, knowing His time is perfect.  I also encourage you to continue in prayer for your friend(s), or family member(s). How long had the family members and friends hoped, and prayed for their family member/friend who was the criminal next to Jesus?

Father God, forgive me of my selfish nature, and the time spent in seeking my ways instead of Yours. Thank you for the gentle Spirit of love, grace, and mercy. Thank you for knowing all things, and having plans already prepared for each of us. Help us to be guided by the Holy Spirit, in knowing these ways and give us strength, determination, and steadfastness in seeking your will, each and everyday.

For it is in Jesus'  precious name we ask, and claim, these things, Amen.

God Bless,
David B.

Duke0002

Roostem33

The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)