OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

First hunt with new camera.

Started by DMP, December 18, 2011, 12:27:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DMP

Bought a HD camera this week mainly for turkey hunting but will use it for deer and the family as well. Took it out for the first time yesterday and got some good footage. It gets shaky at times but I don't have a tree arm mount yet and just had it resting on the shooting rail of my climber. Ive got a lot to learn about editing. I used the software that came with the cam to edit it. Tried windows movie maker but it would not recognize the files for some reason. Anyway, its right at 10 mins long. 34 sec got cut out when I uploaded it to youtube. Does youtube always cut videos down to 10 mins or is it the editing software that did it?

Let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPtDWXRnhuE

drenalinld

Great looking footage. What camera did you go with?

DMP

Cannon vixia HFM 40
Reviews on the cam are great and cannon had a special going where their cameras were half off. :icon_thumright:

Plan on getting a mic for it and maybe some different lenses to play with and need to get some camo skins before turkey season.

a-j calls

Yes, very good video, how long did it take to upload to YouTube?

DMP

Uploaded it in HD and it took about an hour I believe.   

Flydown

Great footage,good job! Its hard to beat a Canon,I use a Vixia HF S20 and love it! You did a great edit job also! I cant wait to see your turkey hunts!  :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:

Flydown

Oh yea, As far as the 10 min time cutoff,its YouTube,the more videos you upload the more time they allow!

redarrow

Great footage. I really liked the fox and the piebald belly spike. :you_rock:

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

BOFF

Quote from: redarrow on December 19, 2011, 10:32:46 AM
Great footage. I really liked the fox and the piebald belly spike. :you_rock:

X2.

Great Job!!

God Bless,