turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Does anyone have the new Kindle Fire?

Started by handcannon, December 15, 2011, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handcannon

I know this isnt hunting related but I was thinking about picking up the new Kindle Fire for my wife for Christmas and was wondering if anyone here has one that could tell me if they are any good or not. I have the Kindle 3G-WiFi and enjoy it for reading but the K-Fire looks like it has a lot more features. For the price, it sure beats buying an iPad. Any Pro's or Con's would be welcome.

Thanks,
Travis

Stoner

Travis I was wondering the same thing. I was thinking about getting the wifi Kindle Fire or the Ipad2. I will be interested in reading what people think of the two.

FullChoke

My daughter bought a Kindle Fyre the day they went on sale and absolutely loves it. She said that it does everything that an Ipad does for less than half the price.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

chatterbox

My daughter has asked Santa for one for Christmas.
I also asked Santa for a Benelli SBE, but I think my daughter stands a better chance of getting the kindle! :TooFunny: :TooFunny:

drenalinld

I bought the Kindle Fire for my wife. She loves it. She has a laptop and rarely uses it now. It works great for her facebooking, checking e-mail, surfing, and playing solitaire. It is a great value and Amazon sells it at a loss to be able to sell you their content.

I use an IPad II at work and there is no comparison. I develop spreadsheets and presentations with video picture content. It has a ton more capability but that comes at a high price. It depends on your budget and what you want to do with it.

hootn

a question about it. will it fit in your turkey vest??? i used my kindle hunting last spring. better than a book. dont have much movement turning the pages and no whitefrom the pages. i positioned it on the ground so all i had to do was to hit the page button to turn the pages.  mine got broken a few months ago and need a new one.

scott

handcannon

I appreciate the feedback guys. She will be using mainly for reading but might do a little streaming video as well as surfing the net. She wont have any use for any type of office work so I think she will get some good use out of it. She is a librarian so I imagine she will get plenty of reading done with it.

hootn, I'm quite sure it would fit in your turkey vest. Cant say I've ever thought of bringing reading material with me to the woods. If you have got the patience for some long sits just waiting for something to happen, this would probably occupy your time pretty well. I cant sit still that long and I'm always afraid I might miss something if I'm not paying attention. Just me though.

sugarray

Based on this, I checked them out and bought one for my wife today.  I was having a hard time thinking of anything for her.  It is great.  MUCH less than iPad2, but has a great pic, pulls up web pages fast.  I didn't do more than Facebook and espn.com to see the speed with high graphic pages and it is great.  She plays games and does not watch videos.  I bought it to get a bigger screen than her iPhone.  It will be a nice upgrade for her.  I may have to get me one, but likely not the Fire as it is heavy to have in the turkey vest.  I love to read and this would be a lot better than packing 2 500 pg books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

handcannon

Shoregobbler

My wife just got one and loves it! She also rarely uses her lap top anymore as well. She purchased it from Amazon.com and had it in less than three days.

TheTwistedOne

The Kindle 3g smokes the new Fire in the battery life department.  The Fire's color screen really eats up power.  If frequent recharges aren't a big deal to you than this probably isn't an issue.

Touch screens tend to work unpredictably for me.  There are no buttons on the Kindle Fire.  Don't plan on trying to use one while wearing gloves.