News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

NWTF NEWS

Started by vaturkey, December 10, 2011, 08:18:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vaturkey

Hey folks

I just got an e-mail from the NWTF stating that if you join or renew your NWTF membership you will receive a 25.00 Bass Pro gift card. Remember, if you are going to the convention in Feb. and you are a member, admission is free. Just a headsup !

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

West Augusta

Just sent my check last week.
No trees were hurt in the sending of this message, however a large number of electrons were highly inconvenienced.

gob09

bird

Must be struggling for members.

guesswho

Sounds like a deal, but I'll still pass.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

BOB_HARWELL

As high priced as BPS is, $25.00 won't buy much.

BOB

Gobble!

Quote from: vaturkey on December 10, 2011, 09:38:22 PM
Quote from: BOB_HARWELL on December 10, 2011, 09:35:44 PM
As high priced as BPS is, $25.00 won't buy much.

BOB

If you found 25.00 on the sidewalk would you leave it laying there ? 

If it cost $30 to pick it up then yes I would

Eric Gregg

CASH

Help me with the math here.  An annual membership in the NWTF is $30 and for that you get a $25 gift card? That's only good at one place?
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

gob09

they may be tryin to get folks to go to the convention
last yr they made rick renew his membership to get in it didnt expire until augestthey must have an eye for easy goin guys that will not make a sene cause i sure would have showed my hindend

bird

Rebates, Discounts, Freebies, and other "Gimmicks" have one purpose and one purpose only.  To help move a Product or a Service that a "Business" has a hard time trying to "Move". 

If the NWTF is giving away a Bass Pro $25 Gift Card for every $30 membership then that tell me that the NWTF is "HURTING" BIG TIME for Membership.  They may have a deal with Bass Pro to get discounted gift cards but WOW is this a HUGE GIMMICK on their part to bolster their membership numbers.  No matter what you may believe.  This is purely a "Business Move" on their part. 

I will pass and use my $30 on buying a $30 Gift Card from LL Bean or Mack's Prairie Wings or Midwest Turkey Call Supply or Rogers or better yet..... one of the great call makers affiliated with this great site!

jmo
bird

vaturkey

Quote from: CASH on December 11, 2011, 06:00:13 AM
Help me with the math here.  An annual membership in the NWTF is $30 and for that you get a $25 gift card? That's only good at one place?

Don't think you need any help with the math. I was kinda directing that post to the folks that was planning on going to the convention in Feb. Just trying to do a good deed.

Vaturkey

timbrhuntr

Quote from: bird on December 11, 2011, 09:45:26 AM
Rebates, Discounts, Freebies, and other "Gimmicks" have one purpose and one purpose only.  To help move a Product or a Service that a "Business" has a hard time trying to "Move". 

If the NWTF is giving away a Bass Pro $25 Gift Card for every $30 membership then that tell me that the NWTF is "HURTING" BIG TIME for Membership.  They may have a deal with Bass Pro to get discounted gift cards but WOW is this a HUGE GIMMICK on their part to bolster their membership numbers.  No matter what you may believe.  This is purely a "Business Move" on their part. 

I will pass and use my $30 on buying a $30 Gift Card from LL Bean or Mack's Prairie Wings or Midwest Turkey Call Supply or Rogers or better yet..... one of the great call makers affiliated with this great site!

jmo
bird

Interesting. JMO but I can't think of too many businesses that don't at some point offer a gimmick to get you to join, or buy their product or come into their store. Whether its a free phone with a contract, a flyer with sale items, some fishing tackle or a hat to even a gift card. They all do it at some point in time. I guess they are all hurting big time. Tell that to Rogers and Bell here in Canada that just spent a billion dollars to buy a sporting franchise. They must be really hurting they gave me a free phone upgarde in a gift card to get me to re-up for a contract.

CASH

Quote from: CamoMan4025 on December 11, 2011, 07:56:15 PM

Don't think you need any help with the math. I was kinda directing that post to the folks that was planning on going to the convention in Feb. Just trying to do a good deed.

Hey vaturkey, most people probably appreciate what you put up whether they chose to join or not.  There always seems to be ONE individual wherever you are or whatever you do that will find fault with anything!

Thanks for the info,

Kevin

Yep, that's me.  Sorry, I have a problem spending $30 to get $25.  Go figure.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

vaturkey

30.00- NWTF Membership & 25.00 Bass Pro Giftcard + free admission to convention all 3 days
20.00- Admission to convention without membership for each day

:you_rock:   :newmascot:
Vaturkey