OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Late Season MI Mallards

Started by Spring Creek Calls, December 10, 2011, 02:50:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spring Creek Calls

Big Bro and I shot these green heads this morning on a late season hunt here in MI. It was 10 degrees when I left the house well before sunrise. Shot these on a drainage ditch that runs just hard enough to stay open this time of year. Gonna try another stretch tomorrow as it's the last day of duck hunting for the year. Hoping we can get a look at some blacks!

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

drenalinld

savduck

Man those are big and  fat plump late season greenheads. congrats.

Its so weird hearing you midwest/northern fellas call them late season birds. Our late season opener was today and runs to end of January. Its was a low of 52 today. Far cry form 10 above 0. Wish yall would send some of that weather this way.

Hope you get your blacks.
Georgia Boy

MDbowman

Quote from: savduck on December 10, 2011, 05:40:26 PM
Man those are be fat plump late season greenheads. congrats.

Its so weird hearing you midwest/northern fellas call them late season birds. Our late season opener was today and runs to end of January. Its was a low of 52 today. Far cry form 10 above 0. Wish yall would send some of that weather this way.

Hope you get your blacks.

Nice birds! Our last split opens Tues and I am hoping for 10 degree weather all across New England. Heck minus 10 just to be sure!! Got reports from a couple guys up that way that they are just loaded with birds still cuz nothing is locked up. Bowhunted near a marsh Friday that was loaded with blacks, mallards and woodies. Can't duck hunt there but good to know they are in the area.