turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Oh No....It's Snowing Here In The Tundra

Started by ctwny1, December 09, 2011, 07:31:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ctwny1

I live in Western NY and we call this area "THE TUNDRA". It's snowing here and I HATE SNOW, COLD, GOOSE DOWN, BOOTS and so on...aqnd here I was dreaming of a GREEN Christmas.

This is like living in a freezer for 9 months of the year. I've always said "The State of NY should be paying US to live here"....

njdevilsb

It's really unbelievable that we don't have much on the ground yet.  I'm in Watertown, a bit North of you, and we have a light dusting on the grass now and that's the most we have had all season.  I like to have some on the ground, but not a lot.  I'm part of a group of guys that does snow removal at the hospital though, so snow means more work for me and more money.  I really like to have snow for deer season.  This is the first year that I can remember where a wet accumulation of less than an inch was the most I hunted in.  

We'll have to see how much this Lake Effect drops between now and tomorrow morning.  They are calling for 4-6 here tonight and possibly a little more in the morning.  I'm still expecting us to get those days where we get 1-3 feet of Lake Effect in a day.

hootn

watertown only has a dusting ? it's that global warming? maybe this first real snow in western ny wont be like last year.. i think the place i lived had 44 inches the first snow... depew just east of buffalo

scott

Eric Gregg

We have been getting some snow is MS for that past couple of winters which is unheard of.
Makes you really suspicous about global warming.
I quote Dale Gribble from King of the Hill "never trust noone"

stone road turkey calls

Stone Road Turkey Calls / Gary Taylor
2013 Norseman 3rd place pot call
2013 Grand national 6th place pot call
2014 Midwest 3rd place pot call
2015 Midwest 5th place HM Tube call

Ol'Mossy

My cousin lives in NY and he says there are 3 seasons in NY

Winter, June and July :lol:

ctwny1

CB on the run

19 degrees this morning but apparently there isn't going to be any snow for the last 2 days of muzzle loader.  Buy a couple beagles and run rabbits all winter, I did.
  There is only TWO seasons in western NY, winter and road repair.

CB

turkey slayer

Woodsman4God

C'mon now guys, you know that there really are 4 seasons in the northern states

Early Winter, Mid Winter, Winter and Post Winter