turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Thanks Albert For All The Great Years As A Cardinal

Started by ILIKEHEVI-13, December 08, 2011, 02:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ILIKEHEVI-13

I hate to see him go, but I knew it was coming.  You can't blame the guy for taking the best deal.  He signed today with the LA Angels.  Reportedly a 10yr $250-260 million contract.  I was hoping he would stay.  But knew each day that went by was only meaning he was going to leave.  He's one of the best players ever and if the Angels can sign Wilson they will be a force to be reckoned with.  

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/Albert-Pujols-Los-Angeles-Angels-lure-slugger-from-St-Louis-Cardinals

lightsoutcalls

I'm not a baseball fan, but any man that is as bold as he is about his faith certainly has my respect.    :icon_thumright:
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

turkey slayer

he's one of the best players to ever play for sure, he deserves it

bird

One man a team does not make.  I'm actually kinda glad to see him go.  That free's up a ton of money for the Cards.  I wish him well and Adios!

Sully53

:icon_thumright: That's good news for the National League!!! He'll probably be a DH at some point, I don't see him playing 1st base for 10 more years!!!

buck_hunter21

That deal may look nice to Angel fans the first few years, but the back end of that deal has all the makings to be a disaster. Paying $25 million for a DH is too much money. He is probably the best hitter I have ever seen, but he isn't worth that kind of cash.
Spill Blood

ILIKEHEVI-13

You guys make some good points.  And I do see both sides.  10yrs is a long time to sign anyone especially for a player who is about to turn 32.  I do think Albert has at least 5 more good yrs left.  Time will tell.  But I don't blame him for going where the most money was.  Some say he wasn't a true loyal cardinal, but baseball ain't about loyalties.  It's a money making business.  The owners know that more than the players.  

I like what this guy said best about Albert on Fox Sports on the messaging section.  I have to agree with him.

It's really simple if the Cardinals wanted to keep Pujols they should have paid him the money ...... The guy has talent and deserves the right to take his talents to any team that is willing to pay the most for him to play for them.  He also has the right to decide what's best for him and his family.  

If you have the opportunity to earn $1000 a week or $5000 a week are you telling me that you would chose to earn $1000?  Please, it's all about the money and keeping family happy and i'm sure that his family is 'very' happy!

Hey Albert ...!  Great job working the system bro', you're a good business man, a great baseball player and good luck to you with the Angels man ...!

Hognutz

I'm glad the Brewers don't have to face him anymore. He is a hitting machine, and he is a world class first baseman. Something that Prince Fielder is not. Albert is good for baseball..Mike
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

Flydown

The man simply did what anyone of us would do! If we got offered that much of a pay raise, we would take it! The man is a beast at the plate, and if St Louis didn't want to match his raise offer, well I don't blame him for leaving! If any one turned that down, they would be crazy! Just my opinion but I would bet anybody on this board would make the same choice he did!