OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

New Turkey Gun For My Stable.

Started by Crappiepro, December 03, 2011, 05:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crappiepro

I was able to come across a Mossberg 500A 12ga. in Woodland camo, 23in barrel with a Factory Mossberg XXFull .670 choke. It seems to be a solid, clean, fairly unused gun. I just shot it with a 3" Nitro Turkey #5 shot and its a pretty decent patterning gun with a true POI/POA. Its just a mule to shoot though! Im pretty excited both of us was happy on the deal we made! Come on turkey season LOL.

Spring Creek Calls

I love that old school woodland camo on the older guns. Should make a fine turkey gun.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

gob09

good find brad,
those 500's are awesome turkey guns. we shot ricks today that he built they pettern pretty good

chatterbox

Fine looking slayer! :icon_thumright:
I hope she gives you many good years, and even more dead turkeys!

vaturkey

Fine lookin gun Crappiepro ! Get you a Limbsaver recoil pad & you're good to go. Good luck bustin gobbler heads with it !   :icon_thumright:

vaturkey   :newmascot:
Vaturkey

gobble157

Very nice! Had a gun like that back in the early 90s.
Life long obsessed turkey hunting from the great state of Georgia!

23 more states to go!!! US Slam bound!

surehuntsalot

a great find
the Mossberg 500 has taken a many a bird
good luck with your's
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

paradis1142

That should make a fine turkey slayer.

cannonball

mcgruff1533

Nice looking old-school Turkey slayer!    Ditch that .670" X-Factor tube... you'll find that Mossberg's, especially shorter barreled Mossy's like tighter chokes.

Mossberg835

Crappiepro

Thanks guys! I was able to get it some bench time and done patterning. It shots the Winchester High Velosity #6 in a 3.5" like dream. Great dence pattern at 40yrds. I never really count the number of shot in the target, I just look at amount of holes.
Yeah, Ricky! It's gonna get a recoil pad LOL!

C J Stahly

Had an old 500 that has been literally beat to **** and back more than once.  Still kills piegons and blackbirds out of the barns.  goes bang every time you pull the trigger.  Should probably do you well.

CASH

I had a 500 in Woodland camo with a 26" barrel in '99 that I bought from Wal Mart.  Loved that gun.  Wish I had kept it.
A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands, love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper; his hands remember the rifle.

bigdale