turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Teal shooting

Started by savduck, September 16, 2011, 06:13:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

savduck

I love hunting ducks as well as turkeys. Our early teal is in now. I went with a buddy Thursday and we shot our two man limit, but lost two without the dog. We met three other buddies for today. 5 of us shot 15, only lost one. Brought the dog this time. Thursday we probably saw 1000 teal in front of the weather. Today maybe 50. We had four groups come in to the guns and we made it count.

I dont wear waders in early season. Im ok with wet pants, but I took a spill and sunk up to my gut in pluff mud today.  The guys thought it was funny and had to have a picture of me.

Georgia Boy

drenalinld

Way to go, that's smashing those smoking fast little jokers!! It's not a good waterfowl hunt until somebody takes a good spill. :z-guntootsmiley:

Gold Spur

Way to go! That was some good shooting..... :icon_thumright:
Woo Pig Sooie!!!

dirt road ninja

MMMM, smothered teal over rice or grits.

hookedspur

CRUSADERS
2016-2017-2018-2019-2020- 2021
Six time Old Gobbler Contest Champions

savduck

Quote from: dirt road ninja on September 16, 2011, 09:25:41 PM
MMMM, smothered teal over rice or grits.

Sounds like recipe time to me.
Georgia Boy

Old Gobbler

:z-winnersmiley:  way to go - Ive got about 1 week for our teal season - should be real good :you_rock:
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

TRKYHTR

WTG Del. I've never killed a drake blue wing. We don't have them here. Very rarely do we ever see them. We have lots of green wing and some cinnamon. Congrats on a nice shoot.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

savduck

We dont get a lot of them either. They are usually in Florida when fully plummed. Early season blue wings arent plummed. Never get Cinamons.. when ever you want to travel and head to FL....count me in.

Here is the ONLY fulled plummed  blue wing drake I have ever killed. Teal are my favorite. Ill take six over any other duck out there all day long.

Georgia Boy

TRKYHTR

That is sweet Del. I like that alot.

TRKYHTR
RIP Marvin Robbins

[img]http://i261.photobuck

M,Yingling

Not taking orders for calls at this time ,,,but my have some on hand  ,,,I Dont sell strikers
I do like copper pot calls,,,,Get them While u can
My YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/CallerTurkey

turkey slayer

Looks like yall had a blast. congrats

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: savduck on September 16, 2011, 11:00:21 PM
We dont get a lot of them either. They are usually in Florida when fully plummed. Early season blue wings arent plummed. Never get Cinamons.. when ever you want to travel and head to FL....count me in.

Here is the ONLY fulled plummed  blue wing drake I have ever killed. Teal are my favorite. Ill take six over any other duck out there all day long.

That's a great looking blue wing drake, we never see them fully plumed here in MI. Shot my first green wing drake that was fully plumed last year after 47 years of duck hunting. They're long gone before the Oct. season opens.

:smiley-patriotic-flagwaver-an
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

misfire

That is a beatdown Del, congrats. Get ready for another push of them just before the end. I saw close to 300 this morning in an area they shouldnt have been
Pray as if everything depends on God, work like everything depends on you

www.misfiregamecalls.net

Basser69

Congrats on some great shootin!