Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Fixin to gett married- good texas outfitter for the price?

Started by TheSportsman, September 07, 2011, 07:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSportsman

Hey guys... Yea, im fixin to get married and we have decided come spring, we want to go to Texas and turkey hunt.  Im lookin for a nice place to take her where she will hear plenty of gobblin and have the opportunity to kill 2 birds.Yall recommend anywhere? Ive hunted south tx before and it was a blast.  Any ranches that yall recommend that are nice accomodations with lots of birds? thanks!

Basser69

gatrapper

I wish you and your future Husband great success and enjoyment. 

We just know there is no way any female would agree on a turkey hunt after the wedding lol.
"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

Tail Feathers

Stoneledge Ranch.  Nice accomodations and lots of birds.  She WILL hear lots of gobbling.  Not real cheap, but very nice.
It's in Junction.
The owner is Alan Warren, the former "CHEVY OUTDOORSMAN" on TV.  His twin brother Keith has a show too. 
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

stinkpickle

Quote from: gatrapper on September 07, 2011, 11:54:56 PM

We just know there is no way any female would agree on a turkey hunt after the wedding lol.

:TooFunny:

Seriously, I'd guess the Adobe Lodge in San Angelo might be nice...I've never been there, though, but I remember reading about it in a T&TH magazine hunt giveaway once.

http://www.adobelodge.com/

honker22

I hunted with McCrea Outdoors around San Angelo a few years back.  Lots of birds and limited pressure.  Killed 2 birds, no problem
People who don't get it, don't get that they don't get it.

anthonyjhallen

Quote from: stinkpickle on September 08, 2011, 05:05:22 PM
Quote from: gatrapper on September 07, 2011, 11:54:56 PM

:TooFunny:

Seriously, I'd guess the Adobe Lodge in San Angelo might be nice...I've never been there, though, but I remember reading about it in a T&TH magazine hunt giveaway once.

http://www.adobelodge.com/

I went to Adobe Lodge two years ago and had a good time.  Its a little pricey but thats how it is in TX unless you know somebody.  I also didnt kill a bird but there where plenty to shoot "at".......

TheSportsman

Thanks for recommendations on the ranches from those of you.  For the other comments, they really were not needed...

gatrapper

"Champions don't make excuses, they make plays." - Richard Seymour.

OLE RASPY

Quote from: honker22 on September 09, 2011, 09:54:54 AM
I hunted with McCrea Outdoors around San Angelo a few years back.  Lots of birds and limited pressure.  Killed 2 birds, no problem
I checked this website out and the prices seem resonable.Seems like a great outfitter to.I was gonna go on public land but texas dont have much of that so i might use this company.One bird is all i want so the price is pretty good.Thanks for posting that.Good thread sportsman :icon_thumright: