Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

any one seen the docu. wild and wonderful world of west virginias whites?

Started by socalturkeyman, August 21, 2011, 05:05:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

socalturkeyman

A shot not taken,is a shot missed!
Juan Galindo-Last Light Taxidermy

Peck1524

anthonyjhallen

Turkey Trot

I hope that someone prods the gubmint to go after all of the Whites to take away every check they get, but it's probably wishful thinking.
Until The Turkeys Have Their Historians, Tales Of The Hunt Shall Always Glorify The Hunter

gobbler74

"Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail"

mcgruff1533

Quote from: anthonyjhallen on August 22, 2011, 12:20:54 PM
I saw it.  Its sad to see some people just give up.

Give up... hell, they've figured out a way to leech off of the system.   

I thought the "Boone County mating call" was pretty sad.   (The kid rattles a prescription pill bottle to attract possible mates).

socalturkeyman

that girl with her son was heart breaking for me. flipping off the camera saying he'd kill his moms bf and that he beat her. And right after having a baby snorting some sort of line of the hospital night stand.

870BkWht

Being that I was born and raised in WV and am currently still living here, these people put WV in a negative light.  There are a few counties in WV that are one and the same.  The Whites thought they would hit it rich and they weren't smart enough to realize the producer/director reaped the benefits from their stupidity.  Im sure they haven't been filmed but unfortunately there are people like this everywhere in other states.

BoWhoop

I haven't seen this documentary, but I have seen "Dancing Outlaw"  which was based on Jessico White and his family.  That one was made years ago.

Where can I see the new documentary, I'd like to check it out.

BTW, Jessico made the bigtime when Big & Rich mentioned him in one of their songs.

Hognutz

I, too, would like to see this. What is the name of the documentary, and where can I find it? Thanks, Mike :o
May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.

BoWhoop

Well, I have a copy of "Dancing Outlaw" so I never looked for it on Youtube, but some of the "best" scenes are there. 

Also looked up "Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia."

Not much has changed, just older characters.

I'd put some links up to some of the more interesting clips, but a lot of it is R-rated.  If you aren't easily offended, do some searches for the two titles, and "Jesco White" and "Mamie White" as well.  Pretty sad and somewhat funny stuff at the same time.  I've known some folks not too far from this...these people ain't acting!

Deputy 14

I am from Boone County WV.  All I can say about that screwed up movie is that it does not represent Boone County or WV for that matter.  The whole movie is based on one select group of jack asses that do nothing whatsoever to contribute to society.  I honestly still can not believe that anyone would ever want to film this S**T and try to sell it.  However I have had the opportunity to travel the country some in the past and I can tell you for sure that there are other families and groups of people that act in the same manner everywhere.  And for the "mating call", as sad as it is, it's something that I have the unfortunate opportunity to see everyday at work (the prescription drug problem), and again it is something that is happening everywhere east of the Mississippi.  Hopefully none of you believe that is what WV is about.

socalturkeyman

Ya Being from california I can vouche on there are people like that everywhere. And in the doc. they interview the DA , He said that if the state can get rid of 10 families in boone county that they wouldnt have any crime. When I was watching this film with my girl friend she asked if thats how the people are in the south and strongly told her no. Every one I have ever met has been really really nice. Like I said to her everywhere you go there is bad apples.

guesswho

I haven't seen it or heard of it.  Most of my family on both sides are from Boone County, and my Grandmother was a White.  I may have to check this out.
If I'm not back in five minutes, wait longer!
BodonkaDeke Prostaff
MoHo's Prostaff
Do unto others before others do unto you
Official Member Of The Unofficial Firedup Turkey
Calls Prostaff

Hognutz

May I assume you're not here to inquire about the alcohol or the tobacco?
If attacked by a mob of clowns, go for the juggler.