Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Burris SpeadBead Installation on Remington Shotguns Video

Started by BurrisOptics, February 15, 2011, 09:40:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PostDriver

Please see PM  :) .  Per Josh, I have a defective mount.

BurrisOptics

Not so fast.  What Josh described didn't make any sense and the pictures I have make even less.  Let's figure this out for sure before we decide its a mount problem. 

SKFOOTER

I installed a Speed Bead on my SBE1 without any risers and after sighting it in, the red dot is just above my factory front bead.  Do you recommend installing risers to raise the red dot???

BurrisOptics

That's how I do it but it's completely up to you.  I like having it above the front bead just in case I feel the need to aim high I can still see the target with some holdover. 

PostDriver

Yep, it's a user error :).

The low riser was on the mount itself and I didn't know it was on there.  I was able to finally pry it off and voila ! there's the adjusting screw.

I'm all set now, and looking forward to using it.  Thanks for your and Josh's input.

Dennis

BurrisOptics

Quote from: PostDriver on March 21, 2011, 03:12:37 PM
Yep, it's a user error :).

The low riser was on the mount itself and I didn't know it was on there.  I was able to finally pry it off and voila ! there's the adjusting screw.

I'm all set now, and looking forward to using it.  Thanks for your and Josh's input.

Dennis

OK that makes sense now.  Sounds like you are good to go.   :icon_thumright:

SKFOOTER

The Speed Bead that I mounted on my SBE1 does not have the light sensor hole on the front of the unit and the red dot is not as bright as the one on my brother's Stoeger 2000, which has the light sensor hole.  Is this something that was added to them later???

BurrisOptics

They should all have the light sensor hole.  Without it there shouldn't be a dot at all.  This would be the first time I've heard of such a problem. 

PM is the best way to deal with customer service issues.  Drop me a message if you want to see about getting a replacement.  We'll get you taken care of. 

SKFOOTER

Quote from: BurrisOptics on March 22, 2011, 10:10:19 AM
They should all have the light sensor hole.  Without it there shouldn't be a dot at all.  This would be the first time I've heard of such a problem. 

PM is the best way to deal with customer service issues.  Drop me a message if you want to see about getting a replacement.  We'll get you taken care of. 
PM sent.  Thanks.

Lunchbox

tcw333

Hi im not really not sure of difference between speedbead and fast fire  besides mount any info would
be helpful
  thanks 

Rev579

So, I did the installation, used the adhesive buffer foam to absorb shock between the stock and the mount, however, the mount is no longer level. In fact, the mount and FFIII are pointing below the bead, even with the elevation adjusted to the maximum(which is never recommended). Any suggestions?
<º))))>< (_(_(_) ><((((º>
Greatest Day Fishing-Ever
Remington 1100 .410, 20g, 20g Mag, 12g
Building a Remington 1100 12g Mag up for Turkey

BurrisOptics

Quote from: Rev579 on February 21, 2013, 05:38:50 PM
So, I did the installation, used the adhesive buffer foam to absorb shock between the stock and the mount, however, the mount is no longer level. In fact, the mount and FFIII are pointing below the bead, even with the elevation adjusted to the maximum(which is never recommended). Any suggestions?

Hmm not really.  I'm struggling to picture it so is it possible for you to post a picture of what it looks like right now?  That might help quite a bit.

Andy S.

Great video, thanks for sharing, just wish I had seen it before now. My question is are the four "indentions" a requirement? If so, why is there no mention of them in this online PDF? http://www.burrisoptics.com/pdf/speedbead_remington.pdf

I mounted a Speedbead on my synthetic 870 this past weekend following the instructions above, but I did not use a Dremel to make the four indentions because there was no mention of it in the instructions provided to my knowledge. This video is the first mention I have heard of the indentions.

My mount seems to be solid, but it may not be as flush as it could be with the indentions. Do I need to break my gun back down and remount it with the indentions completed?

Please advise.
Andy S.

If I had saved all the money I spent on hunting, I'd spend it on hunting.

BurrisOptics

No it's not a requirement.  If your mount is on there solid and you are happy with the slight gap then you are good to go.  If you want to get rid of the gap, assuming there is one, then you can break it down and make the notches if you'd like.  It's really up to you.