OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Shaping up to be a good mailbox week, coming up.

Started by Yoder409, September 26, 2024, 06:55:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger

All this talk and this thread still doesn't have a call picture.....
"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 06, 2024, 09:46:57 PMGuy YOU'RE talking about must be highly intelligent and strikingly handsome.....  as WELL as some kinda freak-nasty turkey killer.    :o

:jackson:

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 06, 2024, 10:31:40 PM
Quote from: tal on October 06, 2024, 10:17:51 PM:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
 And above all, modest.

That too !!  Yep.

:TooFunny:
:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

packmule

callmakerman

Quote from: Ranger on October 07, 2024, 07:55:46 AMAll this talk and this thread still doesn't have a call picture.....
Yea what he said.

Ranger

"One can work for his gobbler by learning to communicate with him, or one can 'buy' his turkey with a decoy.  The choice is up to the 'hunter' " --William Yarbrough

Yoder409

Soooo.......at long last.....

Apologies for leaving this thread hanging.  But, occasionally, life'll get in the way of stuff...... including (imagine  ::) ) the internet and turkey calls.

So, over the last couple weeks, I've been up to my eyeballs emptying out my old shop in preparation of demo-ing it to build a new shop.  You don't realize HOW FREAKIN' MUCH STUFF you've accumulated til you have to remove EVERY LAST PIECE OF IT !!!  So, old shop cleaned out.....prepare it and remove it to make way for the new shop.

The new shop got under way a week ago this morning.  Got underway by first removing a 65-70 foot tall spruce tree that could crush 25 feet of my house if it went the wrong way.

The tree:

The remains of the demolished shop are in the lower right of the second pic.

Tree down, we could get under way on the new shop.  Here's the progress as of 7:30 this morning.

The disaster zone in the foreground is a whole lotta tree to cut up and the old shop that will be salvaged for good lumber and the rest disposed of.  That'll be my project when the new shop is finished.

Then Saturday was our archery opener.  I got to hunt less than 2 hours til a stomach virus chased me outta the woods and sidelined me through Monday night.  But Tuesday was pretty good to me.

So, with my buck tag punched.......... Where were we ??

Oh, yeah.  Mailboxes and turkey calls....

Last week on Monday, I got a little box from a fine gentleman named Ralph.

A macassar hex call.  Not much more needs to be said.

Then Thursday another little box from West Virginia showed up.  If you are a trumpet person and don't know Brandon Joyce, you might wanna look him up.  Schooled by Kenneth Mullins, as I understand it, he learned well from a master.

A beautiful DIW burl call.  And she's a player !!!

So, thanks to all for your patience.  I'll usually get there, eventually.  ;D
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 10, 2024, 12:58:16 PMI'll usually get there, eventually.

Funny, that was the motto of my last UPS driver.
A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods. Yoder409
Over time...they come to learn how little air a good yelper actually requires. ChesterCopperpot

paboxcall

You've had quite the few days, haven't you? Congrats on the nice calls, a good buck, and a new shop!

That hex call is stunning as is Joyce's yelper. Can't wait to hear them. If you turn your back, one or both might just disappear. But I promise I'll send them back via UPS.

packmule

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on October 10, 2024, 04:45:23 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on October 10, 2024, 12:58:16 PMI'll usually get there, eventually.

He musta been quite the go-getter.   :icon_thumright:
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

paboxcall

Quote from: Yoder409 on October 10, 2024, 07:40:54 PM
If you never have expectations, you're never disappointed.

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

Yoder409

Quote from: paboxcall on October 10, 2024, 07:53:22 PM
Quote from: Yoder409 on October 10, 2024, 07:40:54 PM
If you never have expectations, you're never disappointed.

:TooFunny:  :TooFunny:

:goofball:

PA elitist since 1979

Manager8

Wow you definitely had a heck of a week.
An amazing one at that.
Congratulations with all that's taken place.
Congrats on an awesome buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woodleyrd

Yoder409

Thanks for the kind words, fellers !!!

You, too, John Boy.

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979