turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Leg Banded Wild Turkeys

Started by Zobo, September 08, 2024, 09:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zobo

I was wondering if anyone has shot, or seen in the wild, a turkey with a leg band? I recently watched a program that showed leg banding of Osceolas in S Florida.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

roberthyman14

Never. Florida is terrible about management of species.  All about making money.  Once all the Osceola turkeys are gone, they will move onto something else.  Never see them or hear of them relocating turkeys or quail.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Will

I had spoken to a biologist in Maryland last year that was tracking a hen they collared near my deer stand and they had leg banded several turkeys for their project. I have never killed one, but I think that would be quite the trophy.

Shiloh

My son and I killed banded gobblers on consecutive days last year. 

Greg Massey

In all my years of turkey / deer hunting I've never seen either banded or collared.

Twowithone

Never seen 1. Dont know if our Pa GC bands turkeys. I know they trap and send turks to different states. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Tail Feathers

I got one several years back.  What a great hunt that was too!  It was banded a half mile or so from where I killed it.  This was an Eastern in Texas.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

PharmHunter

They have banded some in the lowcountry of SC for research, and yes I've seen a couple killed in that general area that were banded on the particular site.  Never killed one myself.

Dtrkyman

Saw a banded one killed on a youtube hunt, think it was Missouri, have never seen one in person.

Zobo

Quote from: Tail Feathers on September 09, 2024, 11:04:22 AMI got one several years back.  What a great hunt that was too!  It was banded a half mile or so from where I killed it.  This was an Eastern in Texas.

Pretty cool 😎 momento 
Stand still, and consider the wonderous works of God  Job:37:14

King Cobra

I never killed one and do not personally know anyone who has.
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

RossAnderson

I've never seen or killed one that had a band. A buddy of mine found a carcass of a long beard in TN a few years ago that had a leg band on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Ross