Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Anybody need a Lynch call ?? Or 1000 of them ??

Started by Yoder409, August 04, 2024, 10:14:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Tail Feathers

Geez!  I had to be careful looking at that so I wouldn't accidentally just the buy now button.   :funnyturkey:
Somebody is liquidating quite a collection.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Turkeybutt

Wow that's an awesome collection! I wounder what he or she will get for all those?

LMO

Woodleyrd

I saw the seller posting in a facebook group that it was his fathers collection and that it had over 2000 calls in it, primarily box calls.

Greg Massey

Yoder409

Quote from: Greg Massey on August 05, 2024, 10:10:35 AMNice, I did see a couple of nice boxes ...  :z-dizzy:

Yeah.....

A whole, WHOLE lot of pretty commonplace stuff there.

Couple T.I.P. calls and a rough-ish looking 12-hole.  Could possibly be a good number of B'ham World Champions.  But, without side views of each and every one..... who knows ??
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

King Cobra

Wow... It's going to be interesting to see what happens with this  :popcorn:
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

mountainhunter1

If that price stays around the 34,000 dollar mark (basically 34 bucks a call), a person would make a profit buying that lot of calls. Many of those calls, with the original boxes and others with presentation cases, etc. would go easily above 34 dollar's a piece. There has to be some Birmingham calls in that bunch as well.

That said, I would not want to mess with that. It would take two years to resell all that and make a man want to pull his hair out. Better ways to make a dollar.

If a man had a bunch of money like the gentleman who had the cash to buy a 51,000 dollar call at Unicoi two years ago, a man could buy those calls and do a great work gifting them to young first time hunters through the NWTF during the yearly show at Nashville. Wish I had the cash on hand as I would be all over that type gesture.  That would be such a blessing to give nearly a 1,000 kids a huntable call to learn to turkey hunt with.

I have a half dozen or so of those (mostly Liberty 3 hole), and all of those calls have a pretty solid yelp on them for what they cost. Yoder is correct, that is common place stuff, but those calls will kill turkeys early and often. I personally prefer the Liberty ones of the many you see on Ebay, etc. these days (cannot hardly find the Birmingham ones, so not knocking them).
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

mountainhunter1

Quote from: Woodleyrd on August 05, 2024, 09:51:58 AMI saw the seller posting in a facebook group that it was his fathers collection and that it had over 2000 calls in it, primarily box calls.

The Ebay listing said 1,000. But if that is correct, and I am assuming you are right, then if the price stays around 34,000 dollars or there about, that is a deal at only about 17-18 dollars a call. But again, there are better way to turn a dollar. As I said in the other post, that would be awesome if a wealthy man could get those and do an event through the NWTF and give those out to new young hunters.
"I said to the Lord, "You are my Master! Everything good thing I have comes from You." (Psalm 16:2)

Romans 6:23, Romans 10:13

10th Legionaire

Quote from: mountainhunter1 on August 05, 2024, 12:31:21 PMThat said, I would not want to mess with that. It would take two years to resell all that and make a man want to pull his hair out. Better ways to make a dollar.

Yeah a buddy of mine bought a friend of his estate collection of 500+ guns a few years ago. He bought them because there were a bunch of cool Kimbers and Anschutz that he wanted. It took him 18 months to get the stuff he didn't want sold. He made some decent money at it but it was another full time job for him.

No way I would mess with a truck load of calls.
Less is more

Yoder409

Quote from: 10th Legionaire on August 05, 2024, 01:46:45 PM
Quote from: mountainhunter1 on August 05, 2024, 12:31:21 PM.....I would not want to mess with that. It would take two years to resell all that and make a man want to pull his hair out. Better ways to make a dollar.

No way I would mess with a truck load of calls.

I'm in the same corner as you guys.

NO FREAKIN' WAY in heck I'd wanna try to hawk that truckload of calls for the sake of the small handful of the others I'd keep.  The cost of shipping materials would be a couple grand, alone.  I bought a single lot of 60-some calls a few years back and THAT was enough packing and shipping to become aggravating.

I'm not so much in agreement on the profitability of re-sale.  The Biden economy has hit the turkey call market, too.  Average  going rate for MOST calls has dropped by a large margin.

Birmingham World Champions that were $125-$175 5 years ago can usually be had for under a hundred now.  Liberty and Thomasville boxes are $10-$25 calls, now.  Liberty calls in the original box really need to be in a PRISTINE box and have the original papers to fetch any extra money.  Even Turkey-in-the-Pines and 12-holes are down from $600-$700 to $350-$400.  Beyond that..... August is the WRONG time of the year to be selling calls that are, basically, at every flea market in the country.

Heckuva bunch of calls, for sure.  And I wish the seller all the luck in the world.  But, I'm not seeing anywhere near $34K there.

Just one guy's unsolicited opinion.  ;D   
PA elitist since 1979

ybuck

Bedge7767

I would give him 5000 and sell them. I enjoy selling production calls.
Jim

Yoder409

Quote from: Bedge7767 on August 05, 2024, 07:57:57 PMI would give him 5000 and sell them. I enjoy selling production calls.

Selling 1000 calls would keep you off the street and outta trouble for a while.

:TooFunny:
PA elitist since 1979