turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Bits of Jealousy

Started by davisd9, July 14, 2024, 06:17:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davisd9

I will be the first to admit that I do not have an artistic bone in my body. To me trumpets, and most all turkey calls, are pieces of folk art. The craftsmanship that so many builders have is just amazing to me. I wish that I have the artistic ability that some have in their pinky finger. How they can take a piece of wood, plastic, resin, etc and turn it into something beautiful. Thankfully I am friends with a few of them and I can live vicariously through their work as they share photos of the calls they are putting out of their shop.

Anyway, I will be sending this piece of rosewood and ivory to my builder of choice. I do not know his timeline but I know when he begins his work he will turn this in one of his turkey killing pieces of art. The wait will be long, but worth the wait. I cannot wait until the artist reveals his masterpiece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

SwampRooster17

Looking forward to seeing the end product!

Crowstalker

I'm also curious for the end result

Crowstalker

I'm also curious as to what you made from those pieces

Yoder409

Can't wait to see the finished product !!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Greg Massey

That's awesome and like others I can't wait to see the results ...

TrackeySauresRex

Agreed, there are some talented callmakers here and enjoy seeing the work they put out. Looking forward to see this masterpiece.
:icon_thumright:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

turkey stew

Those raw products should make an awesome horn!

PharmHunter

Yessir, going to turn into a fine turkey killing instrument!

aclawrence

I'm the one who's jealous...of the sweet trumpet you're going to be getting. Can't wait to see it.

davisd9

Well I cut the blank and sent half with the fossil ivory to a builder today. The hard part now, the wait.

Ordered another piece of ivory and waiting for it to come in the mail and then I will send it and the other half to another builder.
"A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason." - Rev Zach Farmer

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

davisd9

Well I got a picture from the artist, could not be more pleased and cannot wait to have it in my hands!

tal

That's quite a call, congrats.  :icon_thumright:

Greg Massey

Very nice and congrats on a beautiful trumpet