turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

ATI Turkey Fowl 28ga

Started by Ranman, June 17, 2024, 08:13:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranman

I've read reviews and reports on the 20ga, but haven't seen much on the 28ga.. anyone have one and can give their opinion?
Randy

SA410Turkey

I can't comment on the ATI Turkey fowl but I do have a Mossberg Silver Reserve Turkey model and I really like it a lot. The barrels are close on poi and poa and it's defiantly short and handy gun. I'm working on my short range barrel at this time. Long range barrel was easy to get the performance I wanted.

Ranman

Thanks, that's plz share details..

SA410Turkey

Ranman, my top barrel I went with a Patternmaster code black Turkey .515 with Salt Creek 1 1/4 ounce #10's. I get 368 bb's in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. It's good from 26 yards to 40+. The bottom barrel is my open barrel and I have a Sumtoy .540 choke in it and I'm shooting a duplex load 1 1/2 ounce of 8 1/2x 9 1/2 which is good from 10 yards to 30 yards. I'm using the factory bead and with the top tight barrel I aim at waddles and with the bottom barrel open choke I aim between the waddles and the head. It's a very handy and versatile Turkey gun.

Ranman

Quote from: SA410Turkey on June 24, 2024, 11:42:11 PMRanman, my top barrel I went with a Patternmaster code black Turkey .515 with Salt Creek 1 1/4 ounce #10's. I get 368 bb's in a 10 inch circle at 40 yards. It's good from 26 yards to 40+. The bottom barrel is my open barrel and I have a Sumtoy .540 choke in it and I'm shooting a duplex load 1 1/2 ounce of 8 1/2x 9 1/2 which is good from 10 yards to 30 yards. I'm using the factory bead and with the top tight barrel I aim at waddles and with the bottom barrel open choke I aim between the waddles and the head. It's a very handy and versatile Turkey gun.
Good info, thx