turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

No poults

Started by JeffC, June 14, 2024, 08:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Cobra

I saw my first poults of the season yesterday, it looked to be three hens with about four or five poults about 6-7 inches tall. It was one of those situations where there could have been more because of surrounding cover. But made my day anyway... happy0167: 
Thanks to all who share this great passion and the wealth of knowledge you bring to this board.

Jim K

This morning I had three hens with best I could count 16 poults in my yard. Put a big smile on my face.

zelmo1

Finally saw some poults. 8-9 poults with 2 hens. I hope this is the norm and I am just not seeing them. Time will tell. Z

capecodmike

Seen a mix here in MA.  A few hens without and a few with poults.

Which is what I have seen in years past.

Jim K

The poults Ive been seeing are small. Last evening I saw a hen With 7. They were the size of grouse.

JeffC

This is the longest Ive gone without seeing some. But did hear from another friend about 45 minutes south of me that had 2 hens and 5 poults this morning. Waiting on pictures to see what he saw, not a hunter, could be turkey buzzards.
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

deerhunt1988

Saw 2 hens with 6 poults today. They were ~3 weeks old. One hen with no poults. And busted a hen off a nest of 10 eggs.

Shiloh

Two different friends on two different days this week have seen 2 hens with 12 poults near me.  Didn't ask what size. 

nativeks

I've yet to see a hen with a poult.

zelmo1

Monday I saw 2 quail sized poults and yesterday I saw 4 chicken sized poults, both with hens in the same spot. Vast difference in the size, I figure at least a month apart growth wise. Just interesting seeing them in the same spot. Not seeing too many but I am hopeful. Z