OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

No poults

Started by JeffC, June 14, 2024, 08:06:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottomland OG

Quote from: backforty on June 14, 2024, 06:10:08 PMSeeing a lot of poults here in central Missouri. It's a nice change.
Nice to hear that. It's slim to none in the southern part of the state. Too many flooding rains during nesting season this year.

Dougas

All the hens who visit my property are poultless. The two who hang out on my parent's property have lots of poults.

Last year they had a hen with newly hatched chicks at the end of August.

joey46

Some hens do better than others.  This picture from a south Florida WMA.   This area had a very dry nesting season but is getting rain now.

KYTurkey07

Great picture! Nice to see those poults!

KYTurkey07

A friend just spotted a hen with about 6-7 poults. They were around a week old.

Cowboy

So far, I've seen a couple of hens running together with around 8 to 10 poults. Poults were able to fly abit. My brother saw hen and 4 poults mid May. Real early for our neck of the woods...

Sent from my SM-G990U2 using Tapatalk

NYturkey

I haven't seen a hen with poults yet this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulmyr

Seen a hen with polts on the side of the hwy in northern Minn last week.

They are starting to mow the right of ways now so expect I'll be seeing more of them in my travels to a from the cabin.

Doesn't appear the farmers are mowing hay yet but expect it will happen soon enough once the weather dries out a bit.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

zelmo1

First cut on most fields around here. 8 poults sighted in about 64ish square miles. Not many this year and I put on a lot of miles. I know there are more, numbers just way down. I hope it's just more in the woods. Z

Jim K

I have hens with poults here and a number of hens without. Typical for here. I would say over the years that 3 out of 10 hens have poults at my place. I wish it was more but that's pretty Ty consistent every year.

squidd

Still waiting to see poults on cameras in GA - not looking to good so far

Lcmacd 58

Southern Illinois... I finally saw a hen with 5 poults otherwise I've only spotted hens. Thats been on public ground

Dtrkyman

Friend is seeing good numbers in Indiana, I have not really been anywhere to see any.

Paulmyr

We are getting hammered by wet weather this spring up here in Mn. Hopefully it dries out and we have a better outcome this spring than I'm expecting.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

Spring Creek Calls

Poults starting to show up here in SW Michigan.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com