OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Face paint or face mask

Started by Bottomland OG, June 11, 2024, 12:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turkeybutt

I been using Cat Crap anti fog the last two years with a light mesh below my nose. It works for me. My mask also has a nose piece that is adjustable. I looked the last two of three years and I no longer can find anybody that makes a face mask with a good adjustable nose piece.

SwampRooster17

I like a loose fitting facemask. I went with the ol Tom boonie hat and have been pleased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eddie234

Facemask for me, I like to be able to take it off while moving around. In in case, I have to stop somewhere on my way home I don't look like I have war paint on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Happy

Facepaint. A mask cuts down on my hearing. It's not difficult to carry a spray bottle of water and dish soap in the truck along with a rag. Not that I am opposed to walking into a store with it on. I really don't care. Of course about everybody local knows me so they know what's up.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

Paulmyr

Quote from: eggshell on June 11, 2024, 03:40:14 PMI have often wondered if either was totally necessary. Never been brave enough to try and find out.

I've killed 2 without a facemask after misplacing it but I'm not willing to go maskless on purpose.
Paul Myrdahl,  Goat trainee

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.". John Wayne, The Shootist.

NYturkey

Mask, can't stand the feeling of the face paint.

WV Flopper

I am way to good looking to wear paint. I can not see myself rolling up into a restaurant for breakfast after a good morning with paint all over me.

The 70 year old women would be put off for sure!

Bottomland OG

Quote from: Happy on June 11, 2024, 05:37:00 PMFacepaint. A mask cuts down on my hearing. It's not difficult to carry a spray bottle of water and dish soap in the truck along with a rag. Not that I am opposed to walking into a store with it on. I really don't care. Of course about everybody local knows me so they know what's up.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

I also go in stores with paint on. Most people know what the deal is but there the special ones, they look at you like you have 3 heads  :TooFunny: I get a kick out of watching them stare at me.

Last Frontier Hunter

100% face mask. I've done the face paint deal and didn't like having to scrub my face for 10 minutes everyday day only to put it back on a few hours or more later. I have a lightweight under armor one I got years ago that I use for everything.

Ihuntoldschool

I always use paint.
Never liked a mask.

The paint also works real well on your shotgun if needed.

highball

langy

I don't know about this  discussion, Can anyone brief me what are we discussing in this discussion?
I understand the topic is "face mask or face sheet" but what about it? ???

Turkeybutt

If you went to the first page you would see that Bottomland OG asked the following question which would explain what this discussion is about.
Quote from: Bottomland OG on June 11, 2024, 12:50:35 AMDo any of you fellas wear face paint of does everyone wear a face mask? I have always wore a face mask up until about 10yrs ago I started wearing glasses and I started wearing paint instead because they would fog up if I wore a mask.
I hope that helps to clear it up for you bud.

crow

A face sheet is what a women in Turkey wears.
A face mask, or paint is what you wear to turkey hunt.

Face paint is also what some cougars wear when they hunt for turkey hunters

GobbleNut

Quote from: langy on June 13, 2024, 02:37:11 AMI don't know about this  discussion, Can anyone brief me what are we discussing in this discussion?
I understand the topic is "face mask or face sheet" but what about it? ???

One would assume from your question and the small number of posts you have that you are probably new to turkey hunting and also to the OG forum. (You will also become aware quickly of the fact that we have some "characters" around here, as well...  ;D  :D )

Again, assuming the above assumption is correct and your question is sincere: Very briefly, turkeys see color and (since pretty much every other animal in the woods wants to eat them... :D ) they have evolved to be very capable of picking out things they see in the woods that are out of place...uncovered faces of hunters being one of those...and especially when turkeys are close.  The two basic methods of alleviating that problem for hunters are to wear an article of clothing to cover one's face ("face mask")...or to use what is basically camouflage makeup ("face paint") which is applied directly to the skin to eliminate facial glare. ...Hope this helps...    :)  :icon_thumright: