OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Hevi 13 6’s and 7’s

Started by Longshanks, June 06, 2024, 09:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TrackeySauresRex

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 10, 2024, 04:21:25 PMI have a full box (10) of these if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

:0 The old white hulls, Said to be the best!
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

Happy

I believe the Winchester longbeards had more to do with sinking the hevi-shot ship than tss did.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

bbcoach

Quote from: Happy on June 11, 2024, 05:53:42 PMI believe the Winchester longbeards had more to do with sinking the hevi-shot ship than tss did.

Agreed Happy but Hevi did it to themselves when they changed/experimented with their wads.  I'm not sure if they changed/bought the wads from a different source but after their initial offerings and the start up of Longbeard XR's, at a cheaper price I might add, Hevi went down hill fast.  If you can get your hands on some of the first lot numbers, they are LIGHTS OUT!  When you MESS with your QUALITY CONTROL and or COMPONENTS, things don't go well for your company.

Longshanks

Quote from: Spring Creek Calls on June 10, 2024, 04:21:25 PMI have a full box (10) of these if anyone is interested.

Definitely want them. Message me please.

Longshanks

Quote from: Happy on June 11, 2024, 05:53:42 PMI believe the Winchester longbeards had more to do with sinking the hevi-shot ship than tss did.

Seen too many LB's misfire and vary in patterns and POA/POI.
No comparison to Hevi 3/2/6's and Hevi 3/2/7's.
Demand for these two shells if they were back on the market would be hugely productive for the company. A price point at half of what the TSS loads are would sell incredible.
Especially when one considers that the majority of turkey that are harvested could be shot with 7.5 out of a 25 shell box from Walmart. Certainly has been the case with turkeys I have shot with TSS. No need to spend $15 a shell unless one just likes looking at holes in paper.

Longshanks

Quote from: DocHolliday on June 10, 2024, 07:32:55 PMI can't speak to the Enviro factory loaded Heavi, but my hand loaded 1-1/2 oz (pressure tested) straight 7's, straight 9's (out to 25 yds), and 6,7,9 triplex are absolute death out of the little 20. the sub gauges are where TSS shines.

Guiding it's been interesting to see all the turkeys missed with these hot rod 20g's  that shoot baseball/softball size patterns at 20-30yds. Looks like people have over thought what is most productive to harvest turkeys to their detriment. They pattern them off of lead sleds and braces and shoot amazing tight patterns at longer distances. Sit them at the base of the tree and call in a gobbling turkey that comes running in and let the games begin.

WildTigerTrout

I was fortunate and found a 10 round box of the old white hull Hevi-13 12 Ga. 3" 1 3/4 oz. #6 shot at a local gun show. Also picked up 4 boxes of Hevi-13 3 1/2" 2 1/4 oz. #7 shot recently at a local gun shop.  Decent price on both considering they are now all discontinued.
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

bbcoach

Quote from: Longshanks on June 12, 2024, 10:21:18 AM
Quote from: DocHolliday on June 10, 2024, 07:32:55 PMI can't speak to the Enviro factory loaded Heavi, but my hand loaded 1-1/2 oz (pressure tested) straight 7's, straight 9's (out to 25 yds), and 6,7,9 triplex are absolute death out of the little 20. the sub gauges are where TSS shines.

Guiding it's been interesting to see all the turkeys missed with these hot rod 20g's  that shoot baseball/softball size patterns at 20-30yds. Looks like people have over thought what is most productive to harvest turkeys to their detriment. They pattern them off of lead sleds and braces and shoot amazing tight patterns at longer distances. Sit them at the base of the tree and call in a gobbling turkey that comes running in and let the games begin.
PERFECT Longshanks!  Enough said!

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Longshanks on June 12, 2024, 10:01:27 AM

Definitely want them. Message me please.
Message sent

2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com

TrackeySauresRex

Seen too many LB's misfire and vary in patterns and POA/POI.
No comparison to Hevi 3/2/6's and Hevi 3/2/7's.

[/quote]

Guiding it's been interesting to see all the turkeys missed with these hot rod 20g's Sit them at the base of the tree and call in a gobbling turkey that comes running in and let the games begin.
[/quote]

3x's 15 at a running turkey  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:  :TooFunny:
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

DocHolliday

Quote from: Longshanks on June 12, 2024, 10:21:18 AM

I bet! This is the main reason why I shoot (and my kids) doubles. Those hevi9's from a cyl, skeet or impcyl choke are bad medicine from 10-25 yds.

Longshanks

Thank you Spring Creek Calls. When I opened that box and saw Hevi 13 on the box it took me back in time. Opening the box to see those white shells was like Christmas. Hesitant to shoot them but harvesting turkeys was what they were made to do. Hoping between the REM SF .665 and the Hevi 13 .662 out of the Rem870 23" bbl Carlsons chrome lined barrel it will generate the pattern on the first or second shot. They don't make anymore of these so shooting turkeys and not paper is my goal.

bbcoach

Quote from: Longshanks on June 20, 2024, 09:49:49 AMThank you Spring Creek Calls. When I opened that box and saw Hevi 13 on the box it took me back in time. Opening the box to see those white shells was like Christmas. Hesitant to shoot them but harvesting turkeys was what they were made to do. Hoping between the REM SF .665 and the Hevi 13 .662 out of the Rem870 23" bbl Carlsons chrome lined barrel it will generate the pattern on the first or second shot. They don't make anymore of these so shooting turkeys and not paper is my goal.
That 23" Remmy and the .662 Hevi choke should be the ticket with those White shells.  I know most of the Remmys love the IC .665 so you should see some tremendous patterns.  Let us know how she performs.

Spring Creek Calls

Quote from: Longshanks on June 20, 2024, 09:49:49 AMThank you Spring Creek Calls. When I opened that box and saw Hevi 13 on the box it took me back in time. Opening the box to see those white shells was like Christmas. Hesitant to shoot them but harvesting turkeys was what they were made to do. Hoping between the REM SF .665 and the Hevi 13 .662 out of the Rem870 23" bbl Carlsons chrome lined barrel it will generate the pattern on the first or second shot. They don't make anymore of these so shooting turkeys and not paper is my goal.

I'm pleased and thankful to put these in someone's hands that will use and appreciate them. I've been pulling them out of the safe and admiring them for years.
2014  SE Call Makers Short Box 2nd Place
2017  Buckeye Challenge Long Box 5th Place
2018  Mountain State Short Box 2nd Place
2019  Mountain State Short Box 1st Place
2019  NWTF Great Lakes Scratch Box 4th Place
2020 NWTF GNCC Amateur 5th Place Box
2021 Mountain State 3rd Place Short Box
2021 SE Callmakers 1st & 2nd Short Box
E-mail: gobblez@aol.com