Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

I'm done

Started by RutnNStrutn, May 25, 2024, 11:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Sorry guys :police: :firefighter: but I'm done. I haven't heard a gobble in 2 weeks, so I went to visit my daughter, SIL and grandson today. It's supposed to rain buckets tomorrow, which is the last day.
It was a rough season for me. Sorry I couldn't contribute more. Best of luck to those still hunting. :fud: :turkey: Be safe brothers. :police: :firefighter:

Dr Juice

Understood brother. Same situation here regarding the lack of gobbling. I will try the last couple of days next week and the season will be ended. It's sad to see that the turkey numbers are down in my neck of the woods. So enjoy your stay with your family and keep in touch. R/ Murph

Twowithone

Funny I was out in my woods last week I was telling Wildspur I heard a gobble he said cool 1/2 hr later here comes Mr. Gobbler if he only survives till next spring he should be a good one. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

TrackeySauresRex

A tough season for me as well. My preseason scouting looked pretty good and felt a good season to be on the way. The birds disappearing and lack of gobbling was a major disappointment. That's how it goes sometimes for us. HEY.... I could have missed one and it wouldda been a lot worse  :funnyturkey:
This week, I had one semi interested and tried everything to get him. He never committed and I can bet he's gobbling right now.
  I'm hoping for a couple of days in next week. My home state birds did not cooperate at all and the season and is now closed.
More to follow.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."