Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Sometimes you can do no wrong

Started by Kygobblergetter, May 20, 2024, 12:37:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kygobblergetter

That's how it's seemed for me these past couple weeks. I convinced my wife to let me make a quick run to Michigan since I was home a little early from the western trip and she had plans. I made the 5.5 hour drive Saturday. Got my license and drove to where I would be hunting around 5:00. Planning to hunt but mostly do some scouting for Sunday morning. An hour later I had found a bird that was gobbling his head off and working towards me. I ended up shooting him at 5 yards less than 2 hours after I parked my car. The only bad part was that I had to drive back home at that point. The luck has definitely been going my way lately and I'm hoping to keep it that way. My wife and I will be heading to the northeast for a few days so hopefully we can keep it going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vintage

Congrats on a great year From Northern Ky.

Dr Juice

Nice bird and good story. Congrats. 

eggshell

Should have stayed and hunted up some morel mushrooms

JeffC

Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

wvhoyt19

Congrats!!

dzsmith

Congrats . Looks like you definitely pulled out of the sand this year .
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

aclawrence

So where are you going next?  I'm going to go ahead and head that way so you can call me a long beard!  Congrats again!

Kygobblergetter

Quote from: aclawrence on May 23, 2024, 02:49:07 PMSo where are you going next?  I'm going to go ahead and head that way so you can call me a long beard!  Congrats again!

Sorry AC I haven't been back on in a while. I spent a few days in Maine with my wife. Missed one our first full day and then shot one Saturday morning. I'll update with pics and the story later on. Headed to Minnesota today for my last 3 mornings of hunting with my dad