North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Late season push

Started by FullChoke, May 16, 2024, 01:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FullChoke

Guys,

We are sitting precariously in first place in this contest at this time with 2 more weeks to the finish line. If you are still hunting, this is NOT THE TIME to slack up at all! If you have not shot a bird yet, keep hunting hard and go for bumping one from the present "Best 9" line up. Every upgrade, no matter how small, means pulling further ahead of the other teams!

The performance of the Roaring 20s team members this year has been nothing short of Herculean. We still have an opportunity to pile more on the scoreboard. Go, go, go!

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

BBR12

Me and my son will be leaving first of next week for a little trip. It will be hard to get an upgrade but I will be swinging for the fence. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

callaway71

I still have a tag remaining. I've got my sights on a few. One will definitely be an upgrade. I have until the 26th.

FullChoke

Quote from: callaway71 on May 16, 2024, 11:36:53 PMI still have a tag remaining. I've got my sights on a few. One will definitely be an upgrade. I have until the 26th.
Yeah buddy, I love definite upgrades! Good hunting.

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Roost 1

We killed 2 in WI today, def not an upgrade for me but my buddies bird weighed 29lbs... we had 2 great hunts this afternoon. We still have 3 tags each to try to fill. If we can kill one more each I think we'll head back to KY early.

zelmo1

29 pounder is sick bro. What was the rest like? Z

Roost 1

Quote from: zelmo1 on May 17, 2024, 05:16:40 AM29 pounder is sick bro. What was the rest like? Z

2yr old bird

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: FullChoke on May 16, 2024, 01:00:36 PMGuys,

We are sitting precariously in first place in this contest
:lol: :TooFunny:
Precariously?  :toothy12:
You guys have pretty much wrapped it up early. You have a 27 point lead over us in 2nd place, and a 38 point lead over the Killer Bees in 3rd place. It's going to take a lot of upgrades to catch y'all.
Your team has had a whale of a season!!  :icon_thumright:

xarcher

Still at it.  Been tough sledding. Haven't heard a gobble the last 3 times out.

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.

Roost 1

I was able to scratch out another bird in WI. A great 3yr old but not an upgrade for me.
Good luck to everyone still hunting.